The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ATAC Draken fleet Texture Update

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

ATAC Draken fleet Texture Update

Post by Tranquil »

Some of my Airborne Tactical Advantage Company (ATAC) updated texture packs.

Much thanks

Mark
Last edited by Tranquil on 17 Jul 2020, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: ATAC fleet Texture Update

Post by DaleRFU »

Lovely stuff there, seems to be getting quite big business over in the states with these mini private air forces.

Any plans for Draken?
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Do they really still fly Hawker Hunters? How cool.
It looks great, actually all the paints look great (as usual Mark).

Would be great to get these paints and a representative flight plan into the sim.

Gavin
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

You're getting fancy with your screenshots these days! :smt023
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

BTW, which company has the F-5s now that they are using?? Losing track of all the private operators these days.
-Mike G.

Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

MIKE JG wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 16:50 BTW, which company has the F-5s now that they are using?? Losing track of all the private operators these days.

Mike,

Tactical Air Support Inc. (Tactical Air), the Reno-based adversary support contractor that won a big Navy contract to augment training operations at nearby Naval Air Station Fallon, the home of Topgun, is now fulfilling that contract with its heavily enhanced F-5ATs. The aircraft are being overhauled from the ground-up for the adversary mission and morphing into the most advanced F-5s ever devised. The War Zone has learned that these enhancements now include the addition of a full-color helmet-mounted display that gives Tactical Air aggressor pilots unique and highly valuable capabilities, especially when paired with the jet's plethora of other upgrades. To our knowledge, this is a first for the rapidly expanding contractor adversary support industry.

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
danhult
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by danhult »

Mark:

These look amazing! Having struggled through the process of trying to make ATAC repaints that looked halfway decent for my ATAC package years ago, I can appreciate the amount of skill and hard work this took. Feel free to use those flightplans as the basis for new flightplans if you want. At the very least, the tail numbers would need to be updated and the Mirages would need to be added.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Mike, I'm reading about them all the time and I have to almost keep a spreadsheet of what company is flying what. Excited to have Mark work these in and new F1 Draken repaints. I follow one of the TacAir guys on IG that also flies with VFC-13 (cool job flying 2 different F-5s), the F-5AT looks fun.

I'm waiting to see what happens with the RAAF Hornets and PC-9s. Also, Tucanos are making their way to these firms, we have one here in Arizona called Valkrie Aero. Blue Air Training just picked up the OV-10s and has Strikemasters. Wish these guys would hire non-fighter pilots!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

DaleRFU wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 03:36 Lovely stuff there, seems to be getting quite big business over in the states with these mini private air forces.

Any plans for Draken?
Dale, im working my way through Draken, but i guess that will be a slow process with the Mirage F1 & Cheetahs especially now due to this global Human Malware situation..

However, i can show you these that i have done.

The Black Diamond Jet Team is a civilian aerobatic display team flying seven jet aircraft – five L-39s and two MiG-17s, (No Model as far as im aware) all paint in arctic camouflage. The team is sponsored by United Bank Card, Inc. and is based at Lakeland, FL, USA.

The team was officially announced as “Heavy Metal Jet Team” in the beginning of November 2010, as a five ship display team flying four L-39 and one T-33 planes, based at Lancaster, PA. Then the T-33 Shooting Star aircraft was piloted by Captain Dale Snodgrass.

In July 2011, The Heavy Metal Jet Team announced the addition of one MiG-17 replacing the T-33, which was grounded after maintenance problems.

Almost a year later in October 2011 the team changed the name to its present “Black Diamond Jet Team” and added another MiG-17. Then the team transited to new home base at Lakeland, FL.

Im not quite sure if these are still flying but i know they are still painted in Arctic Camo and are possibly owned/co-owned by Draken International as shown on their website.

Atlas Cheetah D, "861 “Bandit” South Africa Air Force (SAAF) (Circa 2007) 2nd Squadron, was based at Waterkloof AFB, now owned by Draken International, so lets hope they keep the scheme on.

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

It certainly makes sense not to tie up an F/A-18 or F-16 for JTAC training when they can accomplish the exact same thing using a AT-6 or Super Tucano or even a Cessna 337 or OV-10!
-Mike G.

Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: ATAC Draken fleet Texture Update

Post by Tranquil »

Mirage F1M / Draken International / N571EM / Ex Spanish 14-37 (C.14-64) (Tigre)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image