The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

BAC 1-11 Repaint

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

BAC 1-11 Repaint

Post by phantomfreak »

I have a repaint for the BAC 1-11 installed in my sim, however I am not sure which model designer it should be assigned to. I have the Dee Waldron BAC 1-11-200 installed and I have a repaint for ZH763. The problem is the texture for ZH763 does not match the Dee Waldron model. ZH763 was painted as an aircraft at Boscombe Down. Dee's texture file names are b1112ai and b1112ai_l. The files for ZH763 is b1112 and I don't have a light map file for it. Could this be for a UKMil BAC 1-11? This paint has been in my sim since 2011, and I do not know who painted it.

Thanks in advance.
Bazinga!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: BAC 1-11 Repaint

Post by Firebird »

OK I did some checking on my system and found that I have the same thing.

Did some more checking and found that it is the DWAI BAC 1-11 it is just that there were two versions of it. The original version that used b1112.bmp and does not seem to have a lightmap and the second version that uses b1112ai.bmp and does have a lightmap.
Once I separated them into separate folders I could see whilst they are both fairly basic the v1 is even more basic.

The model for the version one can be got on flightsim.com, I found it by searching for "Dee Waldron BAC". The two oldest loads for Braniff and Florida Express are the v1 mdls.

Hope this helps.
Steve
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Thanks, I'll give that a look.
Bazinga!
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

I think most of the Dee Waldron models are available on Henry's site at http://htai-models.com/downloads/dwai/f ... index.html The BAC 111 available there appears to be version 3.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That's the one I was calling v2 so there is another one I haven't discovered yet.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

I couldn't investigate further, Steve, as I'm on a Mac at the moment. There are some interesting aircraft there!