The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NSAWC

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Felixthreeone »

Hey if it interests you at all DJ, I have a complete Fallon pack I put together last year; I made custom ranges/waypoints, voicepacks, flightplans, and an afcad; I used the paints from Graham King for the Hornets and Mike Pearson's for the Viper. Your paints would add a lot to that package...If you are interested in trying it out, let me know. Also, should you come across any VFC paints for that ai F-5 (Kim Boyhun?) that would be schweeeet!! :smt002
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

Felixthreeone wrote:Hey if it interests you at all DJ, I have a complete Fallon pack I put together last year; I made custom ranges/waypoints, voicepacks, flightplans, and an afcad; I used the paints from Graham King for the Hornets and Mike Pearson's for the Viper. Your paints would add a lot to that package...If you are interested in trying it out, let me know. Also, should you come across any VFC paints for that ai F-5 (Kim Boyhun?) that would be schweeeet!! :smt002
yeah I saw that while searching the site one day, I'm working on the F-5 paints now. i doubt i'll be able to do the tiger stripe ones but the rest should be ok.
I have downloaded all the files you mentioned from the other thread, havn't put em all together yet tho since Ijust finished all the f-16's & working on the f-5's. I uploadd the F-16A/B textures to avsim just waiting for it to be availible.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Felix,
Is yours "fallon.zip"? If so I have it and works great for me. I'm using some custom scenery from one of my VA's that has the FCLP markings on runway 31L along with a "Meatball".

I tried repainting the F-5's one, but could only change that colors, yep not a painter!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
james84

Post by james84 »

Great job!
What we need now are flightplans! :D
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

james84 wrote:Great job!
I agree! the F-5 is almost done, I just need to do the wings...hehe
here is what I have so far, I cannot alpha channel out the tank, it still leaves small pieces behind so they will all have tanks.

Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

Victory103 wrote:Felix,
Is yours "fallon.zip"? If so I have it and works great for me. I'm using some custom scenery from one of my VA's that has the FCLP markings on runway 31L along with a "Meatball".

I tried repainting the F-5's one, but could only change that colors, yep not a painter!
Yeah Fallon.zip is mine...just revised some stuff to accomodate Dj's new paints and awaiting the new F-5 textures then I will set off on the new flightplan revisions....hope to have them done soon. And I'm really glad you like the package! Any chance of hooking me up with the scenery you have with the FCLP marks and meatball? That would allow me to further complete Fallon. Thanks!
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

Victory103 wrote:Felix,

Yeah Fallon.zip is mine...just revised some stuff to accomodate Dj's new paints and awaiting the new F-5 textures then I will set off on the new flightplan revisions....hope to have them done soon. And I'm really glad you like the package! Any chance of hooking me up with the scenery you have with the FCLP marks and meatball? That would allow me to further complete Fallon. Thanks!
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

djnocturnal wrote:
here is what I have so far, I cannot alpha channel out the tank, it still leaves small pieces behind so they will all have tanks.

Nice work...IIRC it has around 4,000 polys and no lods.

Macc
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

MACC wrote:
djnocturnal wrote:

Nice work...IIRC it has around 4,000 polys and no lods.

Macc
that don't sound good...is that bad? 4,000 polys seems high.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It is a tad high for an AI model, but very low for a flyable model. The problem is not the number of polys for LOD1 so much as the fact that there isn't any other LODs.

It simply means that for a flightline of 20 F-5s to appear at a range of 100yds there would have to be 80,000 polys rendered. Not too bad you would think. about the same as 3-4 flyable aircraft.
Trouble is that for that flightline to be rendered at a range of 3 miles, and it will be, you will still have to do 80,000 polys, even though you can't actually see the aircraft.

If the aircraft was 4000 polys for LOD1 but was a multi-LOD aircraft it would be far more acceptable and importantly easier on your CPU to process.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Here is what I have. I did notice the same file is in the KNLC package custom scenery from JS, pretty sure he can let you know who the author is.
Attachments
DEVILSDEN-2009-jan-3-001.jpg
DEVILSDEN-2009-jan-3-001.jpg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 380 times
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris