The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NBAI A-4 Repaints Thread

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
fishlips

NBAI A-4 Repaints Thread

Post by fishlips »

Hello friends,

I guess this is a question for Nick Black as the model developer of the A-4G Skyhawk.

I was wondering what the repaint policies are for Nicks models, and whether Nick allows these repaints (Textures Only) to be uploaded to AVSIM (ONLY), for others to enjoy who already have Nicks models, be it from MIAW packages or where Nick has uploaded the model separatley to AVSIM.

Below is small sample repaint, (not completed) of a 1970's A-4G of the Royal Australian Navy. Unfortunitly, this aircraft crashed after pulling up hard underneath another A-4G on the bombing range killing the pilot. The other aircraft made it home but later in years was also lost.

Thanks Nick for a great AI model.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Hello

I am sure Nick would be "OK" with you loading repaints to AVSIM for the NBAI A-4. As long as the credit is given where required, and the actual model is not included.

Nice repaint as well. Nice shot with the Hawk.. lovely!

barry
Barry
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hello Barry,

I'm glad MAIW has no rejection to my request. Perhaps Nick may also be able to confirm this as I would not not like to presume Nicks response and have to ask AVSIM to remove the textures.

In relation to my repaints, I had to remake the paintkit almost from scratch with exception to parts that do not require paint work like the pilot, etc.

I've also added a few extra bits and peices along the way to increase the visuals, like extra seem lines, weathering, warning signs, etc.

cheer's,

Mark
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Nick is on extended sabbatical so you might be waiting a while.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Mark,
As Dan says, Nick is not in daily contact with us or the forum. However he knows and agrees with the principles that we operate under, and that the work is free and providing that permission is sort and full credit is given then he has no problem with repaints being put up on their own.

We are very careful about permissions being obtained before using anything in our packages therefore we would not give it if we thought for a second that Nick wouldn't agree.

He said to me at least once that the reason he creates models is so that people use them. This would definitely be classed as use of his models. Hopefully this should put your mind at rest.
Steve
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Mark,

Please go ahead and publish whatever you want on avsim, as long as my model is credited as my model and included in the readme and the small write-up on avsim then I am more thean happy for you to use it and publish it. As Steve says, I made the models so that people like yourself could benefit from them and perhaps (as you have done so beatifully) recreate their own versions of these aircraft.

So please go ahead and I thank you for expanding the horizons with this beautiful paint scheme. If you could get my AI Hawk in the colours that you're hawk here is I would be interested to see that too, lovely colour scheme.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hello Nick,

I really appreciate you allowing me to use your terrific models. It provides a lot of satisfaction to be able to contribute to the FS community, if only in a small way, so that others may equally enjoy the hard work that has gone into each and every model development and step along the way. :D :D :D

Unfortunately, the A-4G had a rocky existance in the Royal Australian Navy. Many aircraft were lost either by mid-air collisions, engine flame outs or rolling off the deck of the 'cursed' aircraft carrier Melbourne which was noted for its long history of accidents. Not many A-4G survived and those that did were sold to the New Zealand Armed Forces which also lost a few of them. They are still a terriffic aircraft to see in the air and bring back a lot of memories.

Nick, I would be supprised if Grahame King hasn't already done the repaints of the RAAF Roulette Hawks in your model. I would also be surprised if the repaints weren't included in the next redux of the Australian ADF-AI package. I have been a big avadocate of your Hawk (as a former seat warmer of one for a short time) and have my bases filled with them appropriately. I'll check with Grahame as he is so proliffic with his repaints.

I do have a couple of your hawk repaints that I have done, mostly in undercoat so as to add that work at hand feeling around the bases but I got a bit side tracked with TEAMKBT's FA/18 E/F/G model and VOZ 1.8 development of scenery.

I can't wait for a really friendly FA/18 model to be developed that I can sink my teeth into. I think its about the only model that hasn't really been developed nicely just for AI, yet it is probally the most proliffic aircraft used around the globe.

Thanks again to one and all at MAIW for your support and such wonderful packages that deliver so much enjoyment.

Best regards,

Mark Griggs
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Dammit Nick...I'm trying to make out like you're the Phantom of the Board or something and you go ahead and make an appearance!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Sorry about that Dan, I brought Nick out of the MAIW forum cupboard for you. But serously, I really do appreciate Nick responding to my request.

On another note, I just checked Grahame Kings website and it would seem Grahame has not done Nick's BAE Hawk (according to the website download page) for RAAF. So I will take a look at this further.

Also another question on the A-4G, I noticed Grahame has repaints for the Singapore Air Force A-4SU. The model is fitted with wing tanks and weapons. I only have the clean model, is the extented model available yet and does it have different or extra texture files.

I thought this photo might tickle your fancy, the wing tanks more than once saved the A-4G when landing on the aircraft carrier Melbourne.

Thanks again,

Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Mark,
Just in case that you missed them the Aussie Hawks have already been done in our Export Hawks series, its just that he would like to see that what if scheme on his AI Hawks.

At least I assume that they haven't changed equipment in the last 3 months :lol: .

From my own personal perspective I look forward to seeing your A-4 repaints on avsim.
Steve
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hi Steve,

Yes, I downloaded the Aussie hawks package. I think I was number 12 download from Avsim. I love the model and package. It is very proffessional. I made a few small changes to some of the aircraft as there paint is slightly different in real life but unless you've been there, you wouldn't no the difference.

No changes have been made to the Roulettes due to the cost of running the Hawks up against the PC-9a. This was heavily debated and turned down. The main reason given was that the PC-9a could do its routine within the closed curcuit of just about any airfeild and do it much slower and lower.

I will look into the Roulettes scheme for Nick.
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Love the Aussie A-4's. I don't care if they aren't flying anymore. So what's the odds in getting some Kiwi A-4s :?: :D
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

jetmax wrote:Love the Aussie A-4's. I don't care if they aren't flying anymore. So what's the odds in getting some Kiwi A-4s :?: :D
With or without the hump?
Steve
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Firebird wrote:
jetmax wrote:Love the Aussie A-4's. I don't care if they aren't flying anymore. So what's the odds in getting some Kiwi A-4s :?: :D
With or without the hump?
Probably without since that is the only model we have (unless you know something I don't :) )

Also does anyone know of a good Flyable A-4 model?
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
Ask me how to join....
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Nope no hump on the horizon, as Nick said that is purely dependent upon his time being available and his inclination to do other A-4 models, but he hasn't said never. The upsurge in interest for his A-4 can't hurt though.

The reason I asked is that as the A-4Gs became A-4Ks, Mark may have the time and inclination to paint them. Again appreciation for his work can't hurt.

For flyable ones the Razbam collection are highly regarded, but payware. I don't know about Alphasim's whether its still payware or freeware even.
Steve
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

Check the A-4 of Kazunori Ito. It's a filler, and there are some repaints on Avsim and Flightsim for it.
Attachments
thumbnail.JPG
(13.1 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
thumbnail.JPG
(10.83 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

And I also fly his OA-4M and TA-4J models for FS9. I swapped the panel out and another author made some .cfg changes to make it more stable on the ground.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Victory103 wrote:And I also fly his OA-4M and TA-4J models for FS9. I swapped the panel out and another author made some .cfg changes to make it more stable on the ground.
PM inbound :)
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
Ask me how to join....
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

I hadn't thought Kiwi repaints until now. I did see a few of them a couple of years ago at Shoalwater Bay, working out of Gladstone and Rockhampton airports.

I haven't finished doing the RAN yet, still settling on colours so if I get around to it, I'll post a few pic's on the forum for you if and when!

And your right, Nicks A-4 is a great model and I hope some day he is able to revisit the model and extend the family.

Mark
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Jetmax,
will something like this float your boat. I don't much about the Kiwi paint schemes and there a bugger to find some decent clear photos of them and even harder to find the sqn decals. If you have or can find some clear shots and know all the numbered aircraft, I may be able to do a small package for the wayward state of Australia, New Zealand.

I haven't placed any numbers on this ship yet or done any of the small warning labels, etc. This one was taken from 05 however the tail decale may be partially incorrect for this aircaft. Let me know!