The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NBAI A-4 Repaints Thread

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hi Mike,

Boy, it surely did turn into something. Who mentioned Kiwi repaints.

I am just awaiting Nick's final approval now to release the model with the package which would include flight plans, afcad and of course the textures.

I must give credit to Santron5 of the Australian Voz development team for the afcad, flight plans and auto-installer. And Steve MAIW (Firebird) for all his support and encouragement in getting me involved boots and all. First and finally to Nick, Michael and all at MAIW for a wonderful model to work with.
Oh, and of course Grahame for putting me on the right track with colours.

A very special thank you to all at MAIW. I hope you enjoy the package when released.

Mark
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Let us thank you for going through the proper channels to get everyone's blessings first on the package. It's a little thing but shows respect for the work others have done. I look forward to seeing your package when it's ready.

Now if we could just get some of the other folks in the community to release more of their own work.... :D
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
jetmax
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by jetmax »

fishlips wrote:
Boy, it surely did turn into something. Who mentioned Kiwi repaints.
It was me. Sorry. Hope I didn't distract you from improtant stuff, like sleeping, eatting and bathing :)
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Actually Jetmax, I spent a good portion of time replying to emails from various websites that heard about the project.

Lots and lots of websearches and talking with people. Finding correct info was a mine feild and then a guess or two was applied.

I don't think Nick realised just how popular his A-4 would become.

From a hand full of paints in the Miramar package to potentially hundreds of repaints for countries around the world who either still have them in service or retro years gone by. They sure are a little gem with a checkered history behind them.

Mark
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

If you check the Singa A4 pictures there is also an armed model that will be released with that pack

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

There are repaints for all the current Israeli A4s ready on my HD ready for my next IDF package. The IDF use them for fast jet training and air-to-air combat training. These will also be armed versions.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hey Giys, the New Zealand A-4's will be drop tank and weapon ready, however at this stage the package will most likely be released only with the clean model because the the armed model is not yet available to me to include it and there is no time time frame for me to go off, as to when the armed model will be released.

Once the armed model is released, it won't be difficult of most simmers to add the model and make the config changes to have them appear armed.

Not long now, just making a few extra supprises to enhance the package more.

Mark
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Any updates? :D
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
Ask me how to join....
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ah, I can answer this one.
Mark and Laurie are in the process of putting a package together for RAN and RNZAF A-4s, which will include some new scenery of their NZ airbase plus some updates to the VOZ scenery for the RAN base.

All permissions have been sought and received and its in the testing process.

It shouldn't be too long now.
Steve
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by SeanG »

Hi guys,
I am *really* looking forward to this package, being an absolute A-4 fan and all :)

If anyone needs any data, more photos or whatever on Kiwi A-4's let me know. I have a good collection of information, photos, paint details (and drawings of the original 70's scheme, if we get a humped model to paint...)

I also have access to info on flight details/flightplans from Ohakea and Nowra bases.....

The biggest reason I am looking forward to seeing this package is; I am building a TA-4K sim in my garage, and it'd be knida nice having some A-4 traffic around when I'm flying the sim around :)

Outstanding work chaps.

Red 58 out ;-)

SeanG
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Ok Guy's and Girl's (gals) for the Yanks among us us.

The NZ A-4's and scenery package are ready for upload to Avsim, however we have been experiencing difficulties in the upload process.

We have attempted three times to upload the package to Avsim however the package just dosn't seem to appear.
I will try again later this week, if that dosn't work then it will have to go to Flightsim.com if I'm permitted to do so by the model author, etc.

Mark
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

I have had this problem with avsim.com before as well, and I emailed their support about it and did not get a response. In the end I said "stick it" and went to flightsim.com instead. I always preferred flightsim.com anyway, and I hardly ever get "No nodes available anymore"

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

No worries Nick,

I take that as your approval to upload this complete package to Flightsim.com.

It's very annoying when you waste a lot of time and megabytes like this.

Not to worry, I just hope the package meets everybodies expectations and they enjoy your excellent A-4 model. Thanks Nick.

Mark
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

:smt026 :smt041 :smt031 :smt026 :smt041 :smt031
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
Ask me how to join....
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

<hopping from foot to foot in excitement> WOOHOO! Can't wait now! :)
Thankyou thankyou thankyou so much! Now we just need an AI Macchi MB339CB and we'd be set ;-)

SeanG

(did I mention THANKYOU?)
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Please thank Nick Black for this package.

Without Nicks excellent AI-models our skies would be pretty empty of quite a number of world Military aircraft. Also remember that Nick supplies his models free to the FS world and I'm sure he would like you to visit his website and drop him a note of thanks.

This also goes for all the model authors as they do terrific work that takes many months of research and development in the building process of each model (countless hours) using program tools that are often difficult and stubon to use like FSDS and G-max.

Mark
viscount
Cadet
Cadet

Re: NBAI A-4 Repaints Thread

Post by viscount »

fishlips wrote:Hello friends,

I guess this is a question for Nick Black as the model developer of the A-4G Skyhawk.

I was wondering what the repaint policies are for Nicks models, and whether Nick allows these repaints (Textures Only) to be uploaded to AVSIM (ONLY), for others to enjoy who already have Nicks models, be it from MIAW packages or where Nick has uploaded the model separatley to AVSIM.

Below is small sample repaint, (not completed) of a 1970's A-4G of the Royal Australian Navy. Unfortunitly, this aircraft crashed after pulling up hard underneath another A-4G on the bombing range killing the pilot. The other aircraft made it home but later in years was also lost.

Thanks Nick for a great AI model.
I remember the beautiful a-4g at Greenham Common in 1976 - believe it was here for the Jubilee boat show

~Ian
viscount
Cadet
Cadet

Post by viscount »

fishlips wrote:Hi Steve,

Yes, I downloaded the Aussie hawks package. I think I was number 12 download from Avsim. I love the model and package. It is very proffessional. I made a few small changes to some of the aircraft as there paint is slightly different in real life but unless you've been there, you wouldn't no the difference.

No changes have been made to the Roulettes due to the cost of running the Hawks up against the PC-9a. This was heavily debated and turned down. The main reason given was that the PC-9a could do its routine within the closed curcuit of just about any airfeild and do it much slower and lower.

I will look into the Roulettes scheme for Nick.
I guess thats why the Red arrows have decided against converting to the Tucano - or is it because they have better pilots than Australia!!!

Ian
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

is the paintkit for the A-4 available? where may I find it? I checked the Miramar package but didn't see it.