The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Battle Creek A-10

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
pj295
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Battle Creek A-10

Post by pj295 »

Just wondering if there is a repaint out there of the RWAI A-10 for Battle Creek.
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

I painted the whole unit, made with flightplans and afcad.

Phantoms Phorever!
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

I thought they were going to move to Selfridge?
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

The aircraft are going, but the unit is staying put. In the meantime they are going to be flying C-21's until they get the C-27. They just had a ceremony last month or so to mark the start of the transition to their new role.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Man, those C-21 aircraft sure are getting pushed around these days, huh?
--Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yea sort of the "filler" aircraft for all these poor ANG units losing the Hog. Bradley got C-21s in place of their A-10s already.
-Mike G.

SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Yeah... Fargo, ND got the C-21 as well. That goes with their UAV mission of course. I thought there was another unit that lost fighters and went to C-21 but I can't recall off the top of the head.
--Chris
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Connecticut
Phantoms Phorever!
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Yea the Connecticut ANG at Bradely International airport in Windsor Locks, they too traded in their hogs for the C-21
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Yeah, Mike mentioned that above my post... to which I remembered though. I knew of Fargo and Bradley. The Battle Creek I did not know about but I thought there was another one that did or is going to be doing the same thing but it's entirely possible I'm actually thinking of Battle Creek but didn't know that was the location.
--Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Either way, going from flying the Hog to a Lear 35 = :smt015
-Mike G.

SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Well, no question there... but I'd rather fly go from a Hog to a Lear than a Viper to a Predator. :cry:
--Chris
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Well, no question there... but I'd rather fly go from a Hog to a Lear than a Viper to a Predator.
So true. The 174th FW of the NYANG @ Syracuse are as of 2 days ago on their final deployment in the F-16, to Red FLag at Nellis. They get to keep the F-16s until I believe March of 2010 before the final transition to the MQ-9 takes place. :oops:
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Post by Rotten Ralph »

Just out of interest, are the pilots moving to other squadrons or are they going to pilot the UAV's? I was just thinking of the money spent on training them etc, it must be a real kick in the teeth for them if they are going to fly the UAV's.
I havn't seen one of those C-21's yet with a gattling gun sticking out of the nose, are they called A-21's, (sorry for the bad joke).
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

LOL...... I believe the pilots are offered the opportunity to stay with the squadron and train on the UAV's. The question is how many of them want to go from pulling 9Gs to never pulling more then 1G.
-Mike G.

Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Im sure they could pull up to 3 driving to work hahahah.
Phantoms Phorever!
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

Depends on the pilot's situation. They might have to travel quite long distances to find another A10 unit, and or some other aircraft they are looking to fly, and then of course, the unit has to have vacancies, in their rank, and they would have to interview and be accepted into the unit. Some may elect to retire. In all cases there is some turmoil. It all depends on each member's position and situation. I know I went through much the same in the USAR in 1994, when the unit I belonged to was drastically downsized and mission changed.
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

david lock wrote:Just out of interest, are the pilots moving to other squadrons or are they going to pilot the UAV's? I was just thinking of the money spent on training them etc, it must be a real kick in the teeth for them if they are going to fly the UAV's.
I havn't seen one of those C-21's yet with a gattling gun sticking out of the nose, are they called A-21's, (sorry for the bad joke).
Like Rick and Mike said, it's really just a preference. If they enough time in, they might retire. If not they might try and catch on with another guard unit or stay in their current unit and change airframes with the wing. Others might try to go Reserve or Active Duty.

I think a lot of it depends on your time in service. I would assume the further along in your career the less likely you would be to try and catch on elsewhere where as a Captain or lower might not want to spend 20 years flying UAVs or C-21s. Although when they start pushing 50, pulling 9Gs isn't quite so much fun. :lol:
--Chris
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

The battle creek guys dont have to go far, just down the road to selfridge.
Phantoms Phorever!