The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Question about NASA repaint for Nick Black's F-15B/D

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Question about NASA repaint for Nick Black's F-15B/D

Post by MikeyW »

This is actually a question for anybody. I'm trying to do a NASA repaint of Nick Black's F-15B/D (#836), and I wanted it to be clean (no tanks or armorment), but there doesn't seem to be an avaliable model for the two seater. The only one I can see is one with a centerline tank. That's OK, but it also has empty wing pylons, which I'd rather not have. So I was wondering if someone could tell me the trick used to paint the parts of the model with a color that will make those parts invisible in flightsim. If anyone knows, could they tell me how to do it?

Also, Nick's model is awesome, but painting a stripe down the side at the rear is really difficult. The stripe tends to stretch up and down unexpectedly, making it an interesting experience. Nick, if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. BTW, thanks for a great model!

Thanks,

MikeyW
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

something to do with the alpha channel I believe.
I thought it was posted at this site...time to search.

Edit:...Here ya go.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... =invisible
Kevin Jarvis

MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Outstanding!

Thanks!!!