The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

H-60 AI

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

H-60 AI

Post by 992910 »

Well guys, after seeing Nick Black's AI F/A-18 today, and someone saying their naval aviation AI is complete, I must request a H-60 AI. As a former H-60F/H/S pilot, it is just not right that an H-60 is not in FS. So who flies it? Everyone, but the USMC - well actually they do, as Marine One). I'm officially requesting all Army versions, the Coast Guard (Jayhawk), the Navy (Seahawk H-60B,F, and H and Nighthawk MH-60S and MH-60R), and the Air Force Pavehawk (H-60L I believe). And those are only the US versions. The helo has been in service since 1980 roughly and deserves it's due in the AI world. If I could develop it, I would. I just know how to fly it. Can I get some support from the community? Think how awesome San Diego would be with NAS North Island. And Norfolk and Jacksonville, and helos at Nellis and Kirtland! And helos at every Army base! Thanks!
foufure

Post by foufure »

Hello

Welcom on this forum (I see you are new user of this forum, with 2 posts).

The politic of MAIW is they don't accept REQUEST... they make AI models for them first.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Welcome. Foufure is quite right we don't take requests. You can post your requests but please don't be offended if nobody replies to them or if the models don't appear.

Our modelers are small in numbers, but big in quality, and there is a rather large list of things that everybody would like to see done.
Steve
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi 992910,
While not AI as such I have Blackhawks and Jayhawks in my sim by using the ones from hovercontrol and removing the unneeded textures such as panel and internals. Still hogs frame rates but not to bad on my machine it just depends on wether you want something or nothing in the sim until one day maybe there will be a dedicated AI model.
Also using the payware AI Heli 2009 can get them flying like choppers.
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Until a better solution comes along, you can try the converted UH-60's that are part of the Australian Defense Forces package. They have multi LOD's but are still quite high on polygons. Just a few on a should not hurt your frame rates too much. These are converted from Jordan Moore's Blackhawk flyable model so you will need to put some work into them to get them into a usable AI form. That's the best thing available for now.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I'm very happy with the addition of the Bug, but I do have a long standing relationship with the H-60 series as a former H-60F/H AW (East coast HS) and current UH-60A/L aviator. I haven't really come out and requested it, but like to drop hits here and there. I do have the ADF remodeled S-70 Seahawk, but as mentioned it's not a true-AI build. This is the one model I am truly missing within FS9, and with how many countries fly them outside of the US, repainters would be busy. Just the US:

USN: 60B/F/H/S/R
USAF: H/M60G
USMC: VH60N
USCG: 60J/T
USA: 60A/K/L/M
CBP:60A/L
and don't forget the LAFD Firehawks!

Have you downloaded NBAI's AH-64/CH-47 packages yet? That is how I would like to see the H-60's done.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

The best way to get the model you want is to buy FSDS and be prepared to spend many hours learning to model.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Or wait in line patiently like the rest of us.......
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

There is a multi LOD Blackhawk coming from FAB package (Brasil Air Force).
Here it is what ACM counts.
LOD1 3456
LOD2 3098
LOD3 2510
LOD4 474
LOD5 286

It is surely not at MAIW standard, but I'm not able to say if it is not so good for the texturing or for the model itself.

Perhaps could be a good starting point.

Ciao
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

Where can it be found? Lewis
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Lewis, PM inbound.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hey Bismarck

Care to share the link?

Mark
Mark
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

Second that!!!

Please share the link.

Les
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Here are the links for the package.Don't know in wich of the three files the Hawks are, or if the links are still active

Password to unpack FAB-AI from WINRAR is: A.S.R. (using dots)
http://rapidshare.com/files/26406107/Pr ... I.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/88868992/FA ... 2.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/59097768/FA ... e.zip.html

Here the original topic
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... hlight=fab

Giorgio
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks, the second link is for the helos, and I didn't need the password. The 3rd link doesnt work. Off test now, but just quickly pulled up the textures, the S-61 Sea King is the older AI Sea King model for sure.

The H-60 is not from Hovercontrol, so this could be promising...
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Not sure how this one slipped by, but all in all not a bad model. As the LOD's are listed above and the airfile seems to be based off the stremme autogyro, but the take off roll was short. Its basic, and only one pilot modeled in the cockpit, but looks easy to repaint maybe even I could do it.

Just need to make some US based flight plans. All the models are great for AI, even the UH-1's look ok for AI.[/img]
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
superchief
Cadet
Cadet

Post by superchief »

I tried out some of these with the furnished traffic file. UH-1 seemed pretty good, short take off etc. BUT the UH60's seemed screwy on the landing portion of the flight. It seemed to hang and go around in circles for several minutes then finally came down way short of the airport. It disappeared into the terrain and continued to plow the earth until just short of the runway where it surfaced and then continued onwards to a/the parking spot.

I was using default scenery. Later modd'ed flight plan to local mil airport with the same result(s). Have not tried other models yet. Have NEVER seen this strange behavior with other heli models.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ah, I have the problem is that landing speed is actually slower than you have your taxy speed. So on approach, the AI engine sees that you should now be taxying and plops you on the ground and you taxy in.

Can I assume that you have tried the UH-60 in the ADF AI pack, as I believe it may have a Mike Mac FDE and you may find that that particular problem will disappear.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks after more testing found I had the same issue. My next step was to swap out airfiles. I noticed the UH-1's had a rough go at tracking the ILS, may have to change them to fly VFR only.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

bismarck wrote:There is a multi LOD Blackhawk coming from FAB package (Brasil Air Force).
Has anyone repainted it?
Or is it a bad model?

Giorgio