The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

using a paint kit

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

using a paint kit

Post by shaggy22 »

This may sound a bit stupid but i've just got into flight sim and i would like to do some repaints and i haven't got a clue what i'm doing. Can someone help.
regards dan
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Hi Dan.
Normally I will try to help out even if I don't know much about a particular area but my lack of paint skills are legendary, so I am going to have to leave it to somebody who can at least use a paint package to explain it.
Steve
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

Welcome to MAIW Dan,
Repainting aircraft looks pretty daunting at first glance. But I think all the painters will agree with me that once you learn, you'll be fine. The other thing is ...you're always learning new things.

There are alot of tutorials on how to paint. While each author has his/her own style, they all are pretty much the same.

Here is a link that will help you get started. Garry is one of the finest repainters in our hobby...--->> http://www.gjsmith.net/Tutorial/tutorials.htm

We here at MAIW are lucky enough to have available the services of Graham King. Without a doubt Graham is one of the most prolific repainters this hobby has ever seen. It's rumored that he has cloned himself countless times in order to produce hundreds of repaints in mere hours.

Anyway, don't hesitate to ask questions. You'll find everyone here at MAIW to be friendly and helpful...OK...most of us are. Right Des?

Once again. WELCOME and don't be a stranger.
Kevin Jarvis

aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Thanks for asking the question Dan and thanks for the link Kevin :)
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks kev a very usefull link. Big respect for what you guys do, it ain't easy to produce packages like you do