The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Did you know that...

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
james84

Did you know that...

Post by james84 »

... Brazil flies Mirage 2000s???
These are former French AF machines and have been introduced in 2007.
I'll try to repaint them!
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Brazil-- ... 7fdc57f07d
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Re: Did you know that...

Post by djnocturnal »

these would go great with those A-4's, I saw these while going through some of the A-4 photos. I will do them if you change your mind.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Well that saves me some research on if they were ever painted for the FMAI model. Just got Peru up from an old WOA package and added the new SBAI Fulcrums. Anyone got paints for the FAB Tucano's? Just found the UKMIL AI model and noticed many South American countries fly these. Thanks to Ray for the FAB F-5's on his site.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

I painted up a set of both the F-2000C (10) and F-2000B (2), as they are referred to in Brazil, back in 2009 for Fernando's Mirage 2000. Herve Etienne put together some traffic files so they could fly from Anapolis. I just realized they've been collecting dust on my desktop waiting for a readme file.
james84

Post by james84 »

Mirage4FS wrote:I painted up a set of both the F-2000C (10) and F-2000B (2), as they are referred to in Brazil, back in 2009 for Fernando's Mirage 2000. Herve Etienne put together some traffic files so they could fly from Anapolis. I just realized they've been collecting dust on my desktop waiting for a readme file.
So I don't need to do them! :mrgreen:
BTW, does a layered paintkit exist for FMAI's M2000?
james84

Post by james84 »

djnocturnal wrote:these would go great with those A-4's, I saw these while going through some of the A-4 photos. I will do them if you change your mind.
Ok, I'll consider this! I'm not a great painter, but I want to give it a try!
I'll let you know if I sort it out!
james84

Post by james84 »

Victory103 wrote:Well that saves me some research on if they were ever painted for the FMAI model. Just got Peru up from an old WOA package and added the new SBAI Fulcrums. Anyone got paints for the FAB Tucano's? Just found the UKMIL AI model and noticed many South American countries fly these. Thanks to Ray for the FAB F-5's on his site.
the F-5s are based at Santa Crus (SBSC), close to Rio de Janeiro. There is a nice scenery with a very peculiar hangar on Flightsim.
The A-4s are based in an airport nearby, always in the Rio area, but have been based for some time at Santa Cruz while working was progressing on their current airport.
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

james84 wrote:
Mirage4FS wrote:I painted up a set of both the F-2000C (10) and F-2000B (2), as they are referred to in Brazil, back in 2009 for Fernando's Mirage 2000. Herve Etienne put together some traffic files so they could fly from Anapolis. I just realized they've been collecting dust on my desktop waiting for a readme file.
Let me take a look at what I have. I did the textures for sure but haven't really tried out the flight plans. Will get back to you.

I'm not aware of any paint kit for it. I just use something I threw together years ago. Probably something similar to what Mike Pearson uses.
james84

Post by james84 »

Mirage4FS wrote:
james84 wrote:
Let me take a look at what I have. I did the textures for sure but haven't really tried out the flight plans. Will get back to you.

I'm not aware of any paint kit for it. I just use something I threw together years ago. Probably something similar to what Mike Pearson uses.
Ok, I just gave it a try but the result is horrible and far from the MAIW standards... let me know!
james84

Post by james84 »

Here is what I've done so far. As you can see I worked on one of Graham's French repaints, as I don't know where to start.
The tail doesn't look that bad, but the big title "Forca Aerea Brasileira" on the intakes is crap...
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

I updated the textures since it had been about a year and a half since I originally did them. I also went ahead and did individual textures for the 12 aircraft. There is a link below to download them. Please have a look and let me know how badly they fall on their face before I post them anywhere else. :wink:

FAB AI Traffic.zip 1.8MB
FAB AI Traffic.jpg
paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by paul day »

I expect it is just me but at Annapolis AB i only have one Brazilian Mirage 2000B,as well as four Vermont ANG F16,s.

Regards Paul Day.
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

paul day wrote:I expect it is just me but at Annapolis AB i only have one Brazilian Mirage 2000B,as well as four Vermont ANG F16,s.

Regards Paul Day.
Hi Paul. Not sure about the F-16's since I don't have any installed. If I go to Anapolis AFB, Brazil (SBAN) at 12:39pm I see eight 2000C and one 2000B scatttered about. One of the single seaters is in the alert hanger.
james84

Post by james84 »

Excellent job Frank!
Definitely better than my attempt of repainting! :smt003
Here is a nice scenery for Anapolis
sban-anapolisv4.zip
(flightsim.com)
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

james84 wrote:Excellent job Frank!
sban-anapolisv4.zip
(flightsim.com)
Thanks. Yea, that's the same file I recommended in the readme file.
Using it puts more aircraft under the covered parking.

Somehow my screenshot up above stopped working. :?
james84

Post by james84 »

Mirage4FS wrote:
james84 wrote:Excellent job Frank!
sban-anapolisv4.zip
(flightsim.com)
Thanks. Yea, that's the same file I recommended in the readme file.
Using it puts more aircraft under the covered parking.

Somehow my screenshot up above stopped working. :?
At the beginning the aircrafts didn't appear under the covers, I had to edit the aircrafrt.cfg file and assign parking codes, now I sorted it out!
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

james84 wrote:At the beginning the aircrafts didn't appear under the covers, I had to edit the aircrafrt.cfg file and assign parking codes, now I sorted it out!
Hum? Interesting. Worked ok on my system. Guess I'll stick with painting and leave the AI bit to others. 8)
james84

Post by james84 »

Mirage4FS wrote:
james84 wrote:At the beginning the aircrafts didn't appear under the covers, I had to edit the aircrafrt.cfg file and assign parking codes, now I sorted it out!
Hum? Interesting. Worked ok on my system. Guess I'll stick with painting and leave the AI bit to others. 8)
Don't know... maybe I changed something?
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Graham King »

James 84, here is what I did.

I used the Arial font, size 13. I gave it both an outline and fill colour. That gave just a little too big letters so I reduce the stroke width to 0.5. The size was fine but the text was a little too dark so I used RGB 48,48,48. I used sharp antilising.

If you want to try again you can download the first picture and import it into your paint program, hopefully the size is correct so that you can position it correctly. You can then have another go, do not forget the accents, I could not be bothered for a quick demonstation.
Attachments
Brazil_M2k5_t.jpg
Brazil_Mirage.jpg
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

james84

Post by james84 »

Graham King wrote:James 84, here is what I did.

I used the Arial font, size 13. I gave it both an outline and fill colour. That gave just a little too big letters so I reduce the stroke width to 0.5. The size was fine but the text was a little too dark so I used RGB 48,48,48. I used sharp antilising.

If you want to try again you can download the first picture and import it into your paint program, hopefully the size is correct so that you can position it correctly. You can then have another go, do not forget the accents, I could not be bothered for a quick demonstation.
Thanks Graham!
I'll give it a try and let you have some feedback!