The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Waddington 2011

Feel free to post your best military aviation photos in this forum. Attaching photos will not be allowed, they must be linked to a third party site to be accepted.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Waddington 2011

Post by Garysb »

Straight out of the box without any edits

A good day to be had, warm, but with funny light conditions

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: Waddington 2011

Post by campbeme »

I like the hunters.

Mark
Mark
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

So did I

Especially the last "blue note" pass at 600mph

For anyone who has not experienced the blue note listen to the last pass on this video and think louder yesterday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX4E0uTz ... re=related

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Love that Vulcan!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

MIKE JG wrote:Love that Vulcan!
She is only based about 15miles away as well!

They are hoping to make it into a living museum / heritage center

Gary
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I still remember seeing the Vulcan here in the U.S. back in the 80's when I was a little boy. We lived close to the Dayton airport and it made an appearance at least one year at the show. I remember seeing it flying around in the sky from the back yard of my house, big, dark and just down right intimidating looking beast!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

The Aluminium overcast!
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
jaguar1
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by jaguar1 »

That third Vulcan shot looks stunning against the sky :smt023
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

jaguar1 wrote:That third Vulcan shot looks stunning against the sky :smt023
Thanks

The light was very challenging, bright sunlight and blue sky then cloudy and moody

Gary
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Great shots Gary

I remember seeing XH558 at Bruntingthorpe in July 2006 and she looked in a right sorry state. I thought
that it was very unlikely that she would ever fly, especially with all the financing problems that they were
having. Then on 18 Oct 07 I was having my lunch/Tacho break in a layby on the A4304 just outside the
village of Marston Trussell when I heard an almighty noise like non-stop thunder. Looked up to the NW
and there she was at about 4,000ft coming almost straight towards me. She passed just to the North of
me trailing grey streamers of exhaust and I lost her as she curved back to the North and disappeared into
low cloud. I was also lucky enough to be at Waddington on 5 July 08 when XH558 made her first appearance
on the display circuit. It was very wet in the morning with low cloud and we thought that most of the flying
display was going to be abandoned, but after lunch it started to clear up and the Reds put on a very good
low level display. There was a rumor going round that due to a technical problem the Vulcan would not fly,
but just after 3pm the 4 mighty Olympus engines roared into life and she rolled onto the runway. I have
never seen an aircraft that big leap into the sky with such alacrity - lift-off, blink, 45 deg angle blink,
2000ft gear up & into the circuit. WOW, at this point I remembered to breathe again :-)

The display was nothing flash due to the low cloud layer but it seemed to be over far to quickly. As the
jet roar of the cold war icon faded there was another noise slowly rising as six Rolls Royce Merlin's imposed
their distinctive growl on the flightline. The BBMF had arrived consisting of the Lancaster, the Hurricane, and
the Spitfire. Then an extra delight, a flypast by the Lancaster & Vulcan. The combined roar of the Olympus
and Merlin almost drowned out by the cheers from the crowds on the flightline.

It was a great day and even the weather failed to dampen the crowds enthusiasm. I was unable to make
it this year but hopefully next time :-)
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

petebramley wrote:Great shots Gary

I remember seeing XH558 at Bruntingthorpe in July 2006 and she looked in a right sorry state. I thought
that it was very unlikely that she would ever fly, especially with all the financing problems that they were
having. Then on 18 Oct 07 I was having my lunch/Tacho break in a layby on the A4304 just outside the
village of Marston Trussell when I heard an almighty noise like non-stop thunder. Looked up to the NW
and there she was at about 4,000ft coming almost straight towards me. She passed just to the North of
me trailing grey streamers of exhaust and I lost her as she curved back to the North and disappeared into
low cloud. I was also lucky enough to be at Waddington on 5 July 08 when XH558 made her first appearance
on the display circuit. It was very wet in the morning with low cloud and we thought that most of the flying
display was going to be abandoned, but after lunch it started to clear up and the Reds put on a very good
low level display. There was a rumor going round that due to a technical problem the Vulcan would not fly,
but just after 3pm the 4 mighty Olympus engines roared into life and she rolled onto the runway. I have
never seen an aircraft that big leap into the sky with such alacrity - lift-off, blink, 45 deg angle blink,
2000ft gear up & into the circuit. WOW, at this point I remembered to breathe again :-)

The display was nothing flash due to the low cloud layer but it seemed to be over far to quickly. As the
jet roar of the cold war icon faded there was another noise slowly rising as six Rolls Royce Merlin's imposed
their distinctive growl on the flightline. The BBMF had arrived consisting of the Lancaster, the Hurricane, and
the Spitfire. Then an extra delight, a flypast by the Lancaster & Vulcan. The combined roar of the Olympus
and Merlin almost drowned out by the cheers from the crowds on the flightline.

It was a great day and even the weather failed to dampen the crowds enthusiasm. I was unable to make
it this year but hopefully next time :-)

I was there that day!
nothing more to add I think you have it covered!
Gary
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joecoastie »

Great pictures!
Is anyone thinking of painting up that Belgian AF F-16 ? :wink:
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Great photos, Gary.

Hopefully I'll be able to add mine once I've wrestled the camera back off SWMBO. :evil:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

A couple from me ...

"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."