The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Rome Airshow 2014

Feel free to post your best military aviation photos in this forum. Attaching photos will not be allowed, they must be linked to a third party site to be accepted.
james84

Rome Airshow 2014

Post by james84 »

Hi all,
today I attended an airshow organized in Ostia, a district of Rome on the Thyrrenian Sea, halfway between LIRF and LIRE.
I was supposed to get there with a friend in the morning but he gave up, so I went with my father after lunch.
I missed the Belgian and the Dutch Vipers and the Swiss Hornet and could see the Polish MiG while arriving, but managed to see some interesting stuff. Unfortunately the light was horrible

HH-3F - definitely my favourite shot

Patrulla Aguila

AMX from LIRE for Giorgio...

Tornado from Ghedi (6th Squadron)

And a Typhoon from Grosseto (4th Squadron). It's the first time I see it live and I can say it is a real monster

And to finish... a C-27 for Miljan!

Interesting show, definitely, also because it's now quite uncommon to see a big airshow in Italy. Just a pity for the organization, tipically Roman: it was impossible to reach the beaches without paying, no places to get a shelter from the sun... and above all the official magazine had a WRONG display programme!
Cheers!
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: Rome Airshow 2014

Post by bismarck »

Thanks for the shots!
Yes, the Typhoon is very impressive :shock: but is also strange to see the C-27 perform such acrobatic manouvres 8)

Giorgio