The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Rimini Aviation Museum

Feel free to post your best military aviation photos in this forum. Attaching photos will not be allowed, they must be linked to a third party site to be accepted.
james84

Rimini Aviation Museum

Post by james84 »

Hi all,
this summer I had the chance to visit the Aviation Museum in Rimini, which opened some 20 years ago. I remember my excitation when I saw all those exotic airframes on a hill when coming back from San Marino more than 20 years ago, and I decided to visit it again during my summer holidays in the Marche region, where my mother was born.
The museum is placed halfway between Rimini and San Marino and can be easily reached by car.
The collection is run by a private foundation, as far as I remember. They are experiencing financial trouble. In fact, the airframes are very badly preserved and the price charged for the ticket (€10) is too high for what is offered IMHO. Anyway, it is a good chance to see some exotic airframes that cannot be seen anywhere else in Italy, as well as a Scud missile and a T-55 tank.
I reckon the founders of the museum got most of the collection in Poland.
Also, the museum used to host the original wrecks of the three Frecce Tricolori aircrafts which collided at Ramstein killing three pilots and several spectators
http://www.freccetricoloriclub40.it/arc ... ein04.html

As of today there is only a memorial with the tail of an MB.339 (it is the glass pyramid visible in the background of the second F-4 photo).

The town of San Marino, the most ancient republic in the world and capital of one of the two countries whose borders are entirely within Italy

Now on with the serious stuff
PZL-Mielec TS-11 Iskra with Indian markings

DC-3

Il-28

The huge Javelin (Daryl has already seen this on FB)

G.91Y

F-4 (the glass pyramid on the background is a memorial of the Ramstein incident)

F-86K

MiG-19

Su-7

MiG-21 Bis

A-7

MiG-21UM

F-84F

T-55

Fiat G.46

MiG-15 control panel (Polish version)

MiG-21 seat

And finally, this is the sight from San Marino. Rimini is the city on the coast
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: Rimini Aviation Museum

Post by bismarck »

I've been there some 15 years ago....I talked for more than one hour with the owner of the museum, a former AMI pilot. Then wife and daughters started to disturb.... :evil:

Giorgio