The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

True or false?

Feel free to post your best military aviation photos in this forum. Attaching photos will not be allowed, they must be linked to a third party site to be accepted.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: True or false?

Post by bismarck »

In my opinion these are two different shots from different angle of view. Have a look at the upper right corner, and also to the number under the cockpit.
In the grey version, you can clearlyy see the 9 and something like a 2 or 3. In the mimetic version, you can see only a part of 9 and another number that it is not a 2 or 3.
BTW, if it's a fake, it is very well done. :wink:

Giorgio
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joecoastie »

I agree with Bismark. Two different shots . . . and very well PS'ed.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Cowboymarine1593
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cowboymarine1593 »

they both look real to me, however i have one issue with the camo one's roundels. they do appear to be a pasted on in some ways. and they look computer made
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Simply compare the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer, in relation to the background, between the two, and the flap of the right wing between the two and the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer. Clearly two separate photos. Was one or the other PS'd, don't know, can't even begin to guess!

Ron
Dark Morelia
Captain
Captain

Post by Dark Morelia »

Two different photos from slightly different angles of the same aircraft, IMO.
The camo is a very good photoshop job, but what gives it away to me are the roundels and the bit of serial number just forward of the intakes, they all stand out like dogs' balls. Obviously they haven't heard the golden rule of FS repainting... never use 255,255,255 for white, or 0,0,0 for black!
If anyone still had any doubt after seeing those, compare the dirt smear coming out from the leading edge slat, and the pattern of dirt spots on the wings - identical. Definitely the same aircraft.

Must've taken a while to do that camo though :shock:
Drew >>

fishlips

Post by fishlips »

What was the point of this fake??? It looks real enough at a glance. A good job I'd say.

Mark