The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FDE's

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
aerogator

FDE's

Post by aerogator »

I know this is a broad subject and there's a lot of black magic involved, but if there were some place we could ask specific questions about altering basic a/c performance I think modellers like myself could go a long way toward helping the FDE creators do thier magic a little quicker. Plus we may not have to bother them a s much during the modelling process.

Thx

Jake
aerogator

Re: FDE's

Post by aerogator »

OK, here is a specific FDE question: The a/c seems to sit correctly, take off correctly and fly correctly, but on approach loses altitude rapidly and crashes a mile or so short of the runway. What's going on?

It's piston driven, one engine.

Thanks, :)
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

aerogator wrote:OK, here is a specific FDE question: The a/c seems to sit correctly, take off correctly and fly correctly, but on approach loses altitude rapidly and crashes a mile or so short of the runway. What's going on?

It's piston driven, one engine.

Thanks, :)
Hi Jake,

Maybe some "expert" could answer your question with the information that you provided, but I certainly can't. In reality I would have to actually see and analyze the aircraft.cfg and .air files that you are using, but even then I might not be able to pinpoint the exact problem(s) without a lot of tweaking and flight testing. :(

Most times when somebody sends me a troublesome AI FDE to fix, I find it easier and quicker to create a new one from scratch that works then it is to try to debug and fix somebody else's work, which many times is way too complicated to try to decipher. I believe in and practice the KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid, principle and I believe that my AI FDE's are pretty simple and straight forward or at least they are to me. :lol:

Sorry I can't be of more help here, but if you want me to look at your troublesome AI FDE let me know.

Mike M.
    Mike M.
    Firebird
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin
    Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

As Mike says, Jake.
    There are many things that could be causing it but it boils down to the real world principles here drag and weight cannot be overcome by power and lift.

It may be that several parms can/need to be altered to solve this rather than one simple amendment. As each parm you alter usually affects some other area of the flight this is why Mike says that sometimes it's easier to start from scratch.

It is definitely one that you have to see rather than answer blindly.
    Steve