The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AFCAD Overlay

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
lillaz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

AFCAD Overlay

Post by lillaz »

Howdy Fellow Simmers,

I have been searching all around for insight on how to overlay AFCADs; so airports can use certain runways for departing traffic and others for arrival traffic. I was also curious to know if this is how ai formation T/O and landings are made possible?

Thanks in advance.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: AFCAD Overlay

Post by bismarck »

That's the way!
You can download MAIW 6th anniversary package to study how it is done or MAIW 1st anniversary package.
It's the way I setup my airshow at LIRE to let aircraft take-off/landing in formation. (Have a look here:http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... 18&t=12000). In attach the files that need to go together with the scenery.

Giorgio
lillaz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lillaz »

That is some impressive work Giorgio, I will certainly study both of those packages. Do you mind if I ask you for some suggestions if I ever get stumped?
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

If you have some questions to ask, this is the right place 8)

Giorgio
lillaz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lillaz »

Thanks Giorgio, I have studied your AFCAD's and I have compiled a rough draft of my own(see attachment). One thing that I am having difficulty about is how you took the concrete out of the overlaying AFCAD's taxiway i.e. "LISX,LIDX"?
Attachments
KEFD.zip
(9.67 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Not yet downloaded your file but may be you can sort-out the problem setting the width of the taxyway to 0 mt.
Have a look here http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... 18&t=12000

Giorgio
lillaz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lillaz »

That did work. I have done some touch up work on both AFCAD files, and I have completed the flight plans for the formation flight. A problem that has come up is, the runway alignment. I selected the airport that has the offset runway but the aircraft placement is still on the runway is on the centerline. I offset it in AFCAD, but it shows up still on the centerline. Any suggestions?
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

lillaz,

is that for starts, landing or both? I have a similar issue with a double layer airport.

On both airports the runway is of the same size and at the same position. I have placed the two runway links each centered on the left and right half of the runway.

During start both aircraft takes position beside each other on the taxiway link and start perfectly. But on landing they do not come in parallel but after each other, and they do land on the runway center. Only after they have done half of the roll out they shift to the correct position left and right from the center above the runway link.

I suppose for landings the runway itself is the main trigger and not the link.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I had similar problem with my LIRE; LISX; LIDX Afcad. (and also with an older project)
What sorted out this behaviour was:
1) Change the position of the airport reference point. It was enough to move it by 200mt circa
2) Change the frequencies of the Comms section for Tower, arrivals, and any other radio freq.

At least for me, this sorted out the problem.

Giorgio
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Will try that, Giorgio. Thanks :-)
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lillaz »

Howdy Martin, It was for departure. After I changed the aircraft "runway starting point" I was able to have the staggered formation look.
lillaz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by lillaz »

Giorigio I have some good news, I have worked out the AFCAD bugs and I successfully accomplished my first ai formation takeoff. I will continue to work on the timing to have the aircraft fly a even tighter formation. I want to thank you for your tips and most of all your patience. I will post the pics soon!

Thanks Laz,