The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

LOSSIEMOUTH ERROR

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
virtual pilot
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

LOSSIEMOUTH ERROR

Post by virtual pilot »

Hi All,

I just downloaded the raflossie.zip from Flightsim.Com. I have activated it in the sim, but as you can see from this screen shot, the AFCAD is in place, but there are no buildings.

The install instructions just say: "...The package is designed to work with the MAIW Tornado GR4 Package which you can get from http://www.militaryaiworks.com. ... Scenery Objects:MAIW & Dale Ashcroft (Gate Sign only) ... AFD: original by MAIW but modified by Dale Ashcroft to fit with the scenery"

Can anyone help me with what files I need to get the scenery working (links etc), as it's not precisly clear what ones are needed.

Thank you for your help

PS - I had a lot of trouble sending this post so appologies if it appears a couple of times :(
Attachments
Loss.jpg
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: LOSSIEMOUTH ERROR

Post by Firebird »

Starting with the obvious question, have you activated the scenery that you downloaded?

How much experience have you got in adding scenery and packages manually?
Steve
virtual pilot
Cadet
Cadet

Post by virtual pilot »

Plenty of experience setting up scenery. I have activated it. As the screen shot shows, the AFCAD is all in place but no info on where to get the scenery objects etc. Same goes for the Kinloss scenery also in another post.

Would like to get them working as there is little else that far north of the Kingdom to fly to :)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fair enough.
The thing that I can't understand is that you have no scenery even though Dale has supplied all bgls in the download. The obvious thing to check was that you had created a folder for lossie and activated it.

The next obvious thing that comes to mind is that you have some other Lossie scenery, including exclude files on your system. Excludes at a higher level will knock out scenery that you have.

I would check for other scenery/excludes.
Steve
virtual pilot
Cadet
Cadet

Post by virtual pilot »

I cleared a lot of my scenery files and started again afresh. I put Lossie into the Addons, activated it, and once again no buildings, other than the customised sign for the station.

I must note that the custom sign is the only files in the texture folder. You are quite right, all the BGLs are there - it wouldn't be a bad thing if they did appear without the textures.

Don't have any excludes that I know about.

Most of the other scenery from the site I've tried has worked, but not the Lossie and Kinloss ones.

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas :)
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

I might be wrong but are the two scenery entries for lossie and kinloss above the MAIW entries?
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

In which case it would seem that the scenery created may have created small bgls for placement of objects but not given any details about where the objects themselves can be found.

I did a quick search through the forums for'lossiemouth' and this is what i found. it may be useful. http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... f=9&t=9891
Steve
virtual pilot
Cadet
Cadet

Post by virtual pilot »

Hi,

I'll check things out after Christmas as it's a bit busy now.

As far as the MAIW things go, right now I have no MAIW files because I wasn't certain what ones I needed to downlaod in order to work the scenery.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas to you all :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006
virtual pilot
Cadet
Cadet

Post by virtual pilot »

Okay, I had a look around and apparently these are required to make it all work:

Army Air Corps WAH-64 Apache
RAF Apache package
Tornado GR4 package

MAIW scenery packages

Is it possible to post a direct link to these bits as Im having problems finding them.

Thanks - Happy New Year :)
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

If you click on packages at the top of the page and select "List" this will take you to the
"owls nest" package reference list. on the right hand side there is a link to the download
location.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
virtual pilot
Cadet
Cadet

Post by virtual pilot »

Thanks.

I couldnt track down these ones...

RAF Apache package

MAIW scenery packages

Thanks again :)
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

virtual pilot wrote:Thanks.

I couldnt track down these ones...

RAF Apache package

MAIW scenery packages

Thanks again :)
Virtual Pilot, there is no RAF Apache package, the RAF do not fly these only the Army Air Corp. By MAIW scenery packages, I have no idea what that is. It really is the job of the author to supply a readme with there work stating what is required.

I would suggest using ADE9 to open the AFD, then use the list object library function, that will tell you for sure what you need.

As its not an MAIW project it's difficult for us to know what was used in this scenery.
Mark