The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ADE 9 Question

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
cbarv
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

ADE 9 Question

Post by cbarv »

Gentlemen...I recently downloaded an ADE9 scenery file with lots of scenery items embedded in the file. I have been using ADE 9 to try and add some additional parking locations to that file. When I compile the file, all of the embedded scenery objects get removed. All of the changes and everything are fine in the .ad2 file. They just don't make it to .bgl file. Can you tell me if there is something that I am doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks

Chris
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: ADE 9 Question

Post by JohnTenn »

Chris

You are not doing anything wrong.

In order for ADE to compile the airport, the scenery libraries that the author used need to be in the same folders that the author of the file had them.

A work around for this is to open the ade_xxx.bgl with BGLX. Make a copy of the XML file and change the name. Edit the two XML files with notepad. Remove either the Airport or object sections of the respective XML files.

Then recompile the scenery object part of the file with BGLcomp.

Import the airport part of the XML into ADE.

Make your changes to the ADE file and compile it.

Alternatively you can use afcad to make the changes. The ADE file will have to go into a scenery folder lower in the list on your Scenery library in flightsim.
This may still cause conflicts.

John