The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

just learning

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
skimmer
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

just learning

Post by skimmer »

Hi,Im just starting to build the virtual FS9 folder for MAIW use with my FSX.I have followed all instructions in MAIW FSX Installation Guide 2.0. Im stuck at finding the path to the FS9.exe file I put in the virtual FS9 folder with the ADE9X Enviroment Checker Setup program. Heres how I made the FS9.exe file. Oh,I have Windows 7 64bit home premium. While in the virtual fs9 folder I right clicked and selected (new) then chose text document and renamed it FS9.exe. I could find no choise to create new(file). So what I have is a blank text that I named FS9.exe. Problem is when I try to set the required path to it with ADE9X Enviroment Checker Setup program it doesnt even show up. I even typed FS9.exe in the text but that didnt help.

I did copy the fs9.exe file from within the FSX program to the virtual fs9 folder and found the path just fine.But that wasnt in the instructions so I deleted it.And I did create and place the fs9 folder in computer-C drive.

any advice please
Thank you
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: just learning

Post by gsnde »

Hi Skimmer,

Go ahead and use the copy of the real fs9.exe. After all this is just about tricking the old WOAMIL packages. The newer packages would all do without this detail anyway. I need to find the time for a new revision of the guide...
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by skimmer »

Well thank you very much. I look forward to this MAIW venture.It looks like there is a lot of rewarding things to do. Thanks again.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

It's already there and I have listed it in the AI reference at The Owl's Nest :smt001

Added: I obviously posted this reply in the wrong thread.
Cheers,
Martin