The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Converting FSX flightplans to FS2004 flightplans

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Converting FSX flightplans to FS2004 flightplans

Post by paul day »

Hi
I am looking for a program to convert FSX flightplans to FS2004 flightplans. What I need to convert are the new flightplans for the RAF Typhoons in to FS2004 format so is there a program to do this. I don't mean the program by Gerhard Berendt.

Regards Paul Day.
JohnTenn
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: Converting FSX flightplans to FS2004 flightplans

Post by JohnTenn »

Paul

I have just extracted the parts of the traffic file with AI Flight Planner. "Save File (Set) as …"

These appear to be saved in FS9 format anyway.

The decompiled FlightPlan text says //FSXDAYS=False

Compiling the files to FS9 should make them work in FS9.

A Quote From Stuff4FS.com:

"Day-of-Week Encoding: In FS9, the day-of-week encoding scheme for weekly flight plans uses 0 for Sunday, 1 for Monday and so on to 6 for Saturday. For FSX, Microsoft changed the day-encoding to 0 for Monday and 6 for Sunday.

AI Flight Planner always displays day-of-week information based on the FS9 day-encoding scheme, letting the compiler handle the different schemes required in the traffic files."

John
paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by paul day »

Hi John
I tried to decompile these files with traffic tools and I get
ERROR.Unable to read from file. Any thoughts?

Regards Paul Day.
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Paul

I used AIFP to open the Traffic file and then save the file set.

A quote from my first post: "AI Flight Planner always displays day-of-week information based on the FS9 day-encoding scheme".

The decompiled set compiled fine in Traffic tools. Compiling the files with AIFP gives you warnings if the Aircraft are missing or incorrectly referenced, also problems in the FlightPlans are highlighted.

I have had Countless Out of Memory messages and 82% hang ups in the last month.

I have been checking all my installed Flightplans and found some with significant problems with missing or incorrectly referenced aircraft and some incorrectly sequenced plans.

Suffice to say I now use AIFP for all AI compiling and checking.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Paul, you have to move away from TrafficTools. It has no error checking whatsoever. Nobody is suggesting that you use all, or even most, of the features available in AIFP - but there are definitely some you will find useful.

Bottom line is even if you only decompile and compile then using AIFP will give you error checking and some of the errors you can alter parameters to your needs, like turn round times.
Steve