The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Newbie installation question

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
Sikke
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Newbie installation question

Post by Sikke »

Hello everybody, maybe a stupid question that has been asked severel times but I can't seem to find the answer. How do I install a package, e.g. Belgian Air Force 15th Transport Wing into P3DV4 (with AIGTech) in simple steps and words.
Thanks
Francis
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Newbie installation question

Post by Greg »

Hi Francis and welcome to our forums,

Our "official" installer packages were designed for FS2004 and are quite outdated, which is why I tend to call them our "legacy" packages now. They can be installed in P3Dv4 but with a lot of manual tinkering. The basics are the same as in this guide I wrote to convert legacy pacakges for FSX and pre-v4 P3D with the additional step now to update your AI aircaft models to a P3Dv4 compatible version (if available).

The easiest way to get our traffic into P3Dv4 nowadays is to use Matrix. It doesn't allow installation of individual units such as the 15W Air Tpt, but has a more regional setup.

You'll find Matrix here.
To learn more you'll find the release announcement here.
Sikke
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Re: Newbie installation question

Post by Sikke »

Hi, thanks for the solution, Matrix works great.