The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Unusual elevator - animation question

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
YoYo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Unusual elevator - animation question

Post by YoYo »

Thx John for this post, I really appreciate that, because yesterday I was a little confused after that. I don't want to offend anyone and it is definitely my priority to have permission to do so. An email went to Virtavia this morning, but I don't think I will actually publish on official and widely available sources (like Avsim/Flightsim) it until I have the authors' consent. Maybe I will do so that the file will be given to a few people as part of the beta tests (when it will be ready according me) in a closed group with special consent not to distribute it and pass it on to others, so I think its a good idea to possibly catch bugs in the scenery earlier. Today, I also received a few other feedback with full consent to take advantage of next objects with kind words too, so cool, it's going forward and I think that everything is going in the right direction and it will finally be ok with all permissions. The topic of C141s elevator is closed, I have already solved it like on the screen :). About LOD (because this is a different topic), I will open a new thread to dont do too big offtopic here.
Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
YoYo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by YoYo »

Btw. received Today - ok, I have full agreement from Virtavia to use this free Alphasims models for my project with improvements also. :smt006
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Excellent. All you have to do now is drive down the polygon count and draw calls.

John
YoYo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by YoYo »

John Young wrote: 18 May 2021, 14:21 Excellent. All you have to do now is drive down the polygon count and draw calls.

John

Thx John. Short update about what was before - finally, with help some of French guys I was able to track down and now.... I have full agreement of orginal authors rights :). It was like working with the radar on finding a pin in a haystack but the end is complete success. This does not change the fact that there will be a beta first only for selected users but everything is going fine :D . I'm still waiting for a response from Michael Pearson on these few models as static and this is basically the last thing. :smt007 Thanks John for ideas and advice.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Always pleased to help. Have you also managed to make the LODs?

John