The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

planes covered with snow

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

planes covered with snow

Post by pietsteens »

does anyone know how to create aircraft covered with snow as well as the buildings and tarmacs ?

thanks for your help.
Piet
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: planes covered with snow

Post by BadPvtDan »

Seasonal textures have to be applied when the model is created. That being said, I'm not sure you can do it with aircraft.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

You could create a winter texture to place into the aircraft's texture folder when you wanted it to be snow covered.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pietsteens »

MIKE JG wrote:You could create a winter texture to place into the aircraft's texture folder when you wanted it to be snow covered.

thanks Mike, but I've tried to put a snow textures into the aircraft texture folder but that doesn't work, even if I create a texture.1 map and copied the aircraft with this texture.

Anyway I keep on trying to find something and thanks for the reply !
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Piet
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

It could probably be done with a hard coded xml script to recognise the condition and apply that texture. You need to know mre than me about xml though.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Actually you could use an environmental xml script to show/hide a part which could be textured to look snow covered but only have that part show up when that environmental condition is being met.

But that's a lot of extra work just for that.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log