The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Nimrod down in Afghanistan

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

RAF Nimrod down in Afghanistan

Post by VulcanDriver »

14 British servicemen are reported killed when a Nimrod recon a/c crashed in Afghanistan. I do hope nobody from this forum were involved.

British Ministry of Defence are saying it was not due to enemy action.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by delbydoo »

I wish to extend my heart-felt condolences to the families of the crew; not that words may make their loss any less heavy than it already is.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

I wish to add my condolences to the family members of all service personnel aboard the Nimrod. Their loved ones offered up their lives in the service of their country. Nothing can be more nobel than such a selfless act. God bless and keep them all.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

ronniegj wrote:I wish to add my condolences to the family members of all service personnel aboard the Nimrod. Their loved ones offered up their lives in the service of their country. Nothing can be more noble than such a selfless act. God bless and keep them all.
Amen!

Mike
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

God Bless All Involved.

The entire fleet is to be checked which suggests someone has an idea at least of the cause of this one.
Which way is up?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Thoughts and prayers are with the families of all involved.

Stewart :cry:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

This is tragic--I've trained with some Nimrod crews, and they're absolute pros at what they do. My heart goes out to the families of the crew :cry:

Dan
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???