The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

The last Tomcat trap and launch

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

The last Tomcat trap and launch

Post by Don H »

An interesting photo and vocal story about the Last Tomcat Trap and Launch in the US Navy. Good bye to a great bird.

http://www.navytimes.com:80/static.php? ... 080206.php
Don H
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Don,

That was very interesting--made me a little misty-eyed! :smt022

Thanks!

Dan
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by maddog65 »

Good article on the last time the Tomcat was at sea.
I was at the NAS Oceana Air Show yesterday and saw the F-14's fly thier last air show. I am going to miss the Tomcat. The Tomcat's flew in the morning as part of the Fleet Aircraft Fly-By and Fleet Air Power Demonstration. The formation included the Tomcat,Hornet and the Super Hornet. They put on quite a show.

Les
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Don H »

maddog65 wrote:Good article on the last time the Tomcat was at sea.
I was at the NAS Oceana Air Show yesterday and saw the F-14's fly thier last air show. I am going to miss the Tomcat. The Tomcat's flew in the morning as part of the Fleet Aircraft Fly-By and Fleet Air Power Demonstration. The formation included the Tomcat,Hornet and the Super Hornet. They put on quite a show.

Les
That's the one thing I miss, since moving to the heartland of our country, Iowa. No big airshows within decent time/distance. :cry:
Never missed a show when I lived in San Diego.
Don H