The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Shorham Airsow Crash

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Shorham Airsow Crash

Post by aljude »

Sad news of another private owned aircraft crash, Hunter T.7 crashed on the A27 dual carriageway with stationary traffic...
Pilot lost, along with several people on the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=40&v=pvHplYmh2f8
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Re: Shorham Airsow Crash

Post by Garysb »

Reported as 7 dead
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

"Ex RAF pilot Andy Hill - remained in a critical condition in hospital, having been pulled from the burning wreckage"...
One lucky guy.... maybe!
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Police are saying that there may be up 20 dead. I think this will have a profound effect on future air shows in the UK, with calls this morning that they only be held over the sea. Imperial War Museum Duxford and its vintage aircraft displays, I guess, will be seriously impacted given the very close proximity of the M11 motorway at right angles to the runway threshold.

John
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

This, unfortunately, may be a watershed moment for European airshows. My hope is that it doesn't change things but I fear that it will.

Had he crashed in an open field, it wouldn't still be making the headlines. I also hope that it doesn't start the same sentiment over here to do away with airshows.

For reasons I cannot explain, both here in the U.S. and in Europe, experienced airshow pilots are making tragic mistakes in front of thousands of people leading to some horrendous accidents that quickly make the rounds on all forms of social media. My hometown airshow from where I grew up in Dayton, Ohio has had two fatal accidents in the last several years, both very experienced pilots. People don't want their children to see that and I don't blame them.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

I would also argue that the pilot in this accident, if he survives, is hardly lucky, he will have to live with the guilt the rest of his life, let alone face countless lawsuits.
-Mike G.

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

On 5-6 September I'll be at Rivolto for the 55th anniversary of the Frecce Tricolore... finger crossed... :roll:

Giorgio
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

-Mike G.

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

I know that airfield, used to be my local one way back, and I'm amazed he took that route. He was going North towards the road, away from the display line which runs East-West or it used to be in my day. I would have thought it would have been safer to do a East-West display as the River Adur is immediately East of the airfield and open land to its West. A railway line runs to its immediate South.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy