The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

mystery aircraft over Hampshire

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
eric_19
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

mystery aircraft over Hampshire

Post by eric_19 »

On Sunday Night/Early Monday morning around 3:20am i was about to go to the toilet and heard what i thought was a turbo prop aircraft, the noise seemed to come from North to South, but it had that jet element to it, i guess it was very high up but sounded slow. about 10 minutes later i heard it again but fainter so i guess in was going up and down or in a circle. Another 10 minutes again I heard it again but louder, either coming back or another one. I thought it was a prop aircraft and i checked flight radar and there was no civil aircraft at that time.

Though a few days before this I saw a Transall c-160 flying over Havant going West from East, this was in the morning i think. Could this be linked?
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: mystery aircraft over Hampshire

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

Both FlightRadar and Flight Aware don't show nearly everything that's up there. There's just so many variables, from military, to VFR, to a blocked IFR to name only a few.
Windows10 Home
Intel i7 8700K at 5ghz
32gb G.Skill DDR4/3200
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti SC
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Re: mystery aircraft over Hampshire

Post by btaylo24 »

Look on FIGHTERCONTROL and go to the UK HEADS UP section. Some movements listed there....
Not sure what time/date you are looking for.
Barry