The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

White C-17

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

White C-17

Post by maddog65 »

Im working in Rota Spain right now and was going to work the other day and I saw on the ramp a C-17 with a white top, grey bottom and it looked like a yellow/black/yellow band in the middle. I couldn't get close enough to see the nationality so I was wondering if any body knew he owns it. I thought it might be Kuwati but from the pictures I have seen on line the band is wrong. It left yesterday afternoon from LERT if that can help anybody with tracking it.
Les
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: White C-17

Post by Tranquil »

Les

As far as i can see there are only 2 C-17s with white top and lower grey with bands and that they both are with the Kuwati Air Force..

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

only seen these in grey and white ?

maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by maddog65 »

Thanks guys,
I couldn't get close enough to the fence line when I was heading down to the ships in the morning to get a good look at it and when I got done with work for the day it was gone. Serves me right for the one morning I didn't take my phone with me and take a picture of it.
Les
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by C-130H »

MAB.jpg
That is correct Kuwait has 2 of the non-traditional paint schemed C-17's. Qatar has the other. It has an Oryx on the tail, and is white on the bottom, dull gray on top. Hard to miss that distinctive tail scheme. (There are 3 C-17's painted in non-military schemes).
Place enough force behind a brick and it will fly!