The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

busy day at eghh

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

busy day at eghh

Post by VulcanDriver »

So far we've had A400Ms and Chinooks operating about here, usually means the SBS are practising sea assults. Drop out the A400 at low level, then picked up by Chinooks whilst the guys are still in the water. Watched it once from some cliffs. Amazing to watch.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: busy day at eghh

Post by Victory103 »

Very cool, we had a mass air drop with C-17s and C-130s recently here at KGRK.

Good Monday out at El Paso, TX walked into the FBO after seeing 2xF86, 1xP51, 1xP47 on the ramp. Walked right past some pretty famous US airshow pilots. Sadly we had weather to beat, so no time for pics or chatting.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: busy day at eghh

Post by Joseph29 »

Must of been cool to see. At my airport (Islip = KISP) the only military stuff I see is Blackhawks from the 142nd Aviation Regiment and the occasional planes/helicopters from the Coast Guard (C-130's and the HC-144's), the 106th Rescue Wing (Blackhawks and C-130's), an Chinooks from the Connecticut Army National Guard.