The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

New Spangdahlem AB Apron - Where?

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
JNDVirtual

New Spangdahlem AB Apron - Where?

Post by JNDVirtual »

The 352d Special Operations Wing will be moving from RAF Mildenhall, UK to Spangdahlem AB, Germany. Work is beginning to make room for an aircraft apron that will host the 352d's ten CV-22s and ten MC-130Js.

Question is...where on the base will this new ramp be built? Soldier of Fortune Magazine reports:
Utilities and groundwork get put in at Spangdahlem in 2017, followed by new buildings a year later. By 2020, Meeker said, the plan is to have a new aircraft apron, a refurbished runway, support and maintenance hangars, a wing headquarters, and a special tactics squadron facility complete, all built on or near places that used to host A-10s or were underused. This new infrastructure will eventually support 10 CV-22 Ospreys and 10 MC-130J Commando IIs.
As I'm updating several AFCADs for future USAF changes, this one's pretty high up. Any ideas or intel (or unclassified PowerPoints) on how this will look?
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: New Spangdahlem AB Apron - Where?

Post by TheFoufure »

There are two big parking on the south side of Spangdahlem AB.

Here is a pic.

I think you can see them on google map or google earth.

JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

The apron in question has not been built yet. There are no indications that the 352d will use any existing apron.
Last edited by JNDVirtual on 24 May 2016, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

That isn't the only change going on at Spangladesh. Several of the HAS are going to be replaced with F-22 grade HAS. I haven't found any solid information yet on what the new construction will look like. Look for environmental impact studies. They are generally unclassified and have waay to much information in them.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

clickclickdoh wrote:Look for environmental impact studies. They are generally unclassified and have waay to much information in them.
That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for, clickclickdoh. Just haven't found it yet. :lol: