The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Patriotic or not

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Patriotic or not

Post by Tranquil »

This is one of the most Amazing Schemes ive seen on a helicopter, it was done by Shayne Meder ( Flygirlpainter) who herself is now retired from the U.S. Air Force and has painted over 100 aircraft of all types! 50 of them being the Navy Seahawks which she does free of charge for the love of her hobby and Country.

The scheme which was officially approved was only finished last week! but now she has received a letter from a senior govt. official requesting the REMOVAL of the American Flag and Eagle Art painted on the MH-60 at HSC-21.

As you can imagine she is devastated about the decision, not just for the hours she and her colleagues have put into the paint but for the love she has For her country and everything that is patriotic about it!

The Scheme was to represent the American people, the Flag, the Eagle, symbols of America we all know! Also with the 15th anniversary of 9-11 today HSC-21 wanted their new showbird to stand proud and to reinstall that patriotism that has been lost by many people.

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Patriotic or not

Post by clickclickdoh »

Leave it, it's awesome.

Then find out who the "senior govt. official" is, out them, shame them and remove them from office.
oldyankee
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Post by oldyankee »

It is in every country a shame, when a government official wants to prevent its citizens from expressing their attachment to their country and their culture. Such "leaders" have no place in any government.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joecoastie »

oldyankee wrote:It is in every country a shame, when a government official wants to prevent its citizens from expressing their attachment to their country and their culture. Such "leaders" have no place in any government.
I heartily agree.
I've downloaded those two pics and am attempting to apply the paint to one of John's H-60's.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

There are a lot more pics on her facebook page Joe. Just search for flygirlpainter.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

She has painted quite a few really super schemes ! Some of those Seahawks are really IMPRESSIVE !
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I really like this scheme!
Tranquil wrote:The scheme which was officially approved was only finished last week! but now she has received a letter from a senior govt. official requesting the REMOVAL of the American Flag and Eagle Art painted on the MH-60 at HSC-21.
Well this wouldn't be a special livery if they remove the eagle art and the flag. I mean what does the govt. official want?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Maybe the official is a painter for FS and doesn't want to have to try and make that scheme.
Steve
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Speaking of trying . . . . . as I said I'd give it a go. However, I officially give up. The major portions of the fuselage and nose weren't a problem. the mapping on the little nooks and crannies on the side protrusions and portions of the top defy me.
I'm sure someone with a lot more painting experience and patience could reproduce the paint on John's model.

Joe

(I'm going to look at the mapping on my UI Aerosoft Sea Hawk)
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I respect your attempt Joe and kind of have nightmare shudders about trying to get the eagle face on the deformation the curve of the nose under the windscreen causes, and the little bit the FLIR mounts on. Not to mention the issues caused by the seam between the halves.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Following the developments as I have her FB page and it's just sad. I only wish she was around when I was in the USN to paint our CAG H-60F. The scheme is based off a H-46 flying during OIF.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... RTREP).jpg
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

What the @#$% is this country coming to???
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I bet that nice Mr. Trump will keep the design.
Steve
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Update..... From Shayne Meders Facebook page!

Case CLOSED The doors will be painted gray. I cannot argue nor do I want to with the Navy. I was given this explanation-- "The Wing and everyone on the Seawall are grateful for your artwork. We are well aware of your commitment to the Navy and it's Sailors. Although the Commodore regrets to tamper with the paint scheme, he had to make the decision to ensure the aircraft was "World Wide" deployable and that it retains most of its tactical paint scheme enabling the aircraft to fulfill all "Real World" operations, thus regrettably scaling the design back a bit. This modification is in no way meant to be disrespectful to the exquisite design or your hard work and dedication, but a compromise, ensuring the aircraft's operational readiness while still retaining the true essence of "Betsy"." Her face still says Don't mess with me...I am pleased this part gets to stay. Thanks for all the support! HSC-21 will still have bitchin show bird they can be proud of, and so am I.
I have many more projects on the horizon that I will be honored to do. ...Go Navy!!

Much thanks

Mark

ps....

Sneak Peak ;)

:)
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

It shall live on virtually!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log