The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

C-130 Crashes in North Mississippi

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

C-130 Crashes in North Mississippi

Post by phantomfreak »

It was reported earlier that a C-130 crashed with 8 or 9 people on board and that there were at least 4 fatalities. Memphis news reported. Possibly a Navy or Marine aircraft.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/ ... /555745282
Bazinga!
Dave Waffler
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: C-130 Crashes in North Mississippi

Post by Dave Waffler »

I just read the latest on this, and it says all 16 onboard have died. Seems the plane suffered a structural failure at around 20,000. Fair winds and following seas to all those Marines :(

I remember how sad it felt when one of the first MV-22 crashed near my home in Arizona, killing 20 Marines. The airport still to this day commemorates that day with a ceremony to honor those that fell that day. I remember seeing the wreckage of the one MV-22 on the tarmac, and the other one that was with it sitting next to it. I found out later the other MV-22 was also written off because when the first crashed, the explosion took the "cushion" out from under the second Osprey, and it fell to the ground and hit hard enough that it damaged the plane.

My heart goes out to all the Marines, especially the units that were involved. A true tragedy to the Corps, and to our military.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

It's a KC-130 from US Marines, killing 16 airmen.... bad day !!!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Horrible news, RIP brothers. Reports are saying it may have been hauling ordinance at the time. :(
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Following as well, sad day and my condolences to the VMGR-452 families.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris