The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

207 OCU

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

207 OCU

Post by Firebird »

Don't know if anybody else caught it but 207 OCU moved to Marham with its 6 a/c, so far.
What's more some had Sqn markings on the tail, and yes they have changed them from the red bar bordered in yellow that they wore on Tucanos. Well at the moment anyway, whether they will change is any ones guess.
Steve
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: 207 OCU

Post by Tranquil »

Steve, are you referring to the Lightning strike on the tails, i think 5 had them so far! but what i have heard is all F35 will receive the Lightning decal as they will be shared amongst RAF & Navy! and be know as Lightning Force/Squadron. some are also wearing serials on the nose..

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
morbidfred
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by morbidfred »

At least one of the first batch has had the 'lightning force' flash added to the tail also.
From what I heard the airframes will be pooled.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

You are right, Mark.
I have heard that too. However, I have been around long enough to know that things change, even if it drives the Engineering mafia crazy. Its kinda what I hinted at in the last line.

At the moment things like sqn markings/codes are going to be an interesting case not least because of the RAM coating. Due to this I wouldn't mind betting that it will take longer than normal for personalisation to appear but I am still willing to bet that it will happen.
Steve