The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Egypt Air Force received two IL-76MF from Jordania

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
asdro
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Egypt Air Force received two IL-76MF from Jordania

Post by asdro »

Egypt Air Force has received two IL-76MF from Jordania which are 6.6 meters longer than the normal IL-76.
SU-BTX and SU-BTY. Former JY-JIC and JY-JID.

Egypt is considering to buy 8x IL-76.

Also Egypt is interested in the A400M, but no plans for an order were announced yet.
integral
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Egypt Air Force received two IL-76MF from Jordania

Post by integral »

Hi,
Thanks for the information. Would be great to have them in sim.

I haven't updated most russian birds since RATS released their new Il-76 models, not had the time to move on and replace the venerable SKJ (I know, I have a very obsolete AI setup, life is unforgiven). And, if I remember well, there were another new Il76 model at the time, a few months before the RATS release that appeared to ressemble an early stage of the RATS models; perhaps Rulexy did released his work then made updates for RATS (?)

If I'm not mistaken, there is no model available of the longer Il-76MF, or am I wrong ? It is possible there is an undocumented model on the russian side of the AI world but I had hard times looking for things there.

I have strong interest in very rare birds and the MF are sure one of the rarest ones. Would really be glad to install everything available if there were (only found classic and reengined Il-76s on a quick search). As it is time for me to get restarted again in AI tweaking, I'm sure have the motivation to bring back to life all those mighty Il-76s in my sim, with the RATS models.
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

Concerning the RATS model which are very nice, i also notices that there is no IL-76MF version availible. It s a pity because this version looks cool with its 6.6 meters longer fuselage.

Anyhow, i know that Christian Muenir is working on some IL-76 for Uzbekistan airforce and he is considering to make also the Egypt Air Force IL-76.

Check his website:

https://muenier.ovh

But, it would be on the standard model as no MF version exists.
The JIAC Jordania repaint is also availible at avsim on the standard RATS IL-76.

The two egypt IL-76MF were at JIAC before.
integral
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by integral »

Yeah, the RATS models are lovely.

Happy to hear about Christian Muenier's ongoing works. For the time being, I'll find the repaints for the standard 76, that will suffice until someone creates a specific model.
On a quick search, I found this page, https://www.picuki.com/tag/il76mf, where there are 3 screenshots of, as it appears, flyable Il-76MF in sim (cannot identify, whether FSX, P3D, XPlane or else). In one, flyables Il-76s are used as AI (or static, cannot tell). Quite nice screens.

I have a personal wish : have all MF variations that existed (or not) AI flying in sim :
- the blue green stripped proto (appears to have had 2 reg : IS-76900 and RA-76900)
- JY-JIC and 360 from JIAC and SU-BTX from Egypt AF (same aircraft, 3 regs)
- 76954 (Jordan AF grey display livery at UUBW circa 2011), JY-JID and 361, and SU-BTY (same aircraft, 4 regs)
- maybe a couple really fictive in primer at Ilyushin facility
- probably some very fictive adapations on a few Russian Air Forces schemes.
- would Egypt gets more (I doubt because there were no MF assembled in the last decade, would be standard 76 I guess) I may add the regs or just force fictive extra ones (SU-BTZ, SU-BTW... didn't checked whether those are already in use)

If there is/are other MF I'm not aware of (weren't Jordan supposed to have 3 ?), 12 aircraft or more in sim, that would be really great... and showcase how much I'm weird with my intemporal oversaturated AI adventure. Well.
asdro
Major
Major

Post by asdro »

If egypt should order eight IL-76, they should get the latest version of the -90A with the standard fuselage and not MF version.

Ilyushin is expecting to build 100x IL-76 in the next ten years.

Christian Muenir has released the Uzbekistan AF Il-76 on his new website.

The egyptian IL-76 should come soon also but with shorter RATS model.

Of course you can contact Rulexy by yourself and ask him to make a MF model.