The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Awesome video

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Awesome video

Post by Don H »

Here's an awesome video of some French Mirage F-1s in low level flight

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com:80/w ... 15114.html

Unfortunately, our guys get in trouble for flying like this, while other countries train for it.
Don H
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

Look sweet Don, actually it looks like a shorter version of a vid I've got on my computer from one of their detachments in Djibouti

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/erwan_67/238/

one of the coolest internet vids I've seen 8)
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Don H »

I believe you're right, that is awesome. :shock: :D
Don H
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by delbydoo »

In the UK, you can get fined for looking at documents whilst driving - seeing this guy look at a map whilst doing 500kts at 20 - 30 feet off the ground, jeez the guy just has to sneeze!! It's a tribute to the training these guys get that let's them fly like that - absolutely awesome!! 8) 8)
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

I spoke to a RAF Tornado pilot a few years ago who told me that they now fly low level at this type of speed at night wearing night vision goggles! He said its OK until you lift the goggles and you see total darkness with the occasional light on the ground whizz past! Then its brown trouser time :wink:

Re the French F1 pilots. Has anyone seen their display pair? They fly at the Royal International Air Tattoo (the worlds biggest military airshow apparently) at RAF Fairford every year and they nearly always win the award for best display pair. Basically they mirror each other including a low-level mirror pass up the centre-line of the runway. The separation can only be a few feet.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

:D :D :D

Hi all.
Here is a link to incockpit footage of the "Voltige Victor" Mirage F1 pair during a display. What is very imposing is the breathing of the formating pilot you can see is larynx moving while gulping down the oxygen due to the high stress/concentration of the close formation.
After download its best to fast forward to when they start to taxi out, or watch other display aircraft if you wish.

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/ ... tor&btn=Go

Regards,
Steve.
P.S. Lots more low level vids available at the site. Check out Ras Des Flots and Maroc 2003 and Super Etendard-Low and Dirty.
Also good Russian vids available and a good Swiss one Called Swiss Airforce Push The Limits.
PPS the Vid that started the thread was "Le Mirage du Tchad".

Regards,
Steve.