The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Ideas For RIAT

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Ideas For RIAT

Post by Garysb »

Could more Uk airshow organisers go for this idea please

WELCOME TO THE 2006 MCAS MIRAMAR AIR SHOW
- The largest military air show in the world -

FREE ADMISSION • FREE PARKING • FREE BLANKET SEATING
9:30 AM - 4 PM • GATES OPEN AT 8 AM DAILY
FOR PREFERRED SEATING TICKETS,
CLICK HERE

http://www.miramarairshow.com/

Gary
Savage
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Savage »

UK Airshow Organisers cannot afford to do this with the heavy costs they have to pay, especially RIAT!
Cropstar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cropstar »

Plus the fact Cali's a long way from anywhere internationly, the French, Germans, Spanish, Dutch etc have not got to fly far to Fairford. Anyway from from what I've seen of of US Miltary displays recently (US Viper team east springs to mind I think they flew there display over Dublin at RIAT in 2005) I'd get a deck chair in New Mexico!
Keebab Burger Pizza
drmweaver2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by drmweaver2 »

This past weekend there was a military airshow just south of New Orleans. Roughly 50-65% of the costs were raised locally - by civilians! Unfortunately, due to the unknowns which remained when deadlines for requesting/scheduling the T-birds and/or Blue Angels came around, NAS Bellechase (the name may have changed but that's the way we refer to it) wasn't able to get them. We did have roughly 20,000 people turn out over two days - not too shabby for an area still involved in gutting/rebuilding houses that were flooded and that now has 2/3 less population than a year ago (roughly 200,000).

(There was no admission price. They way they made money was through concessions and souvenir sales.)
John
"I may be old and slow, but when I waddle down the hill to a group of cows, I get 'em all - unlike the randy young bulls who get too excited and are totally spent after fun with just one."