The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

LIVE Grand Slam Bomb at Scrampton?

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

LIVE Grand Slam Bomb at Scrampton?

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Is this true? I got it in an email and somehow just doesn't seem likely to me.
http://www.gunnies.pac.com.au/gallery/grand_slam.htm
GZR_SACTARGETS
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well its as likely to be true as it is untrue. However, the chances of them transporting the thing by road half the length of the country does seem unlikely.
Maybe its another one of those urban myths like the B-58 nuclear accident in the 50s, I doubt we will ever know what is truth and what is legend. It is true though that a Grand Slam was a gate guardian at Scampton for a number of years.
Steve
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Maybe its another one of those urban myths like the B-58 nuclear accident in the 50s, I doubt we will ever know what is truth and what is legend. It is true though that a Grand Slam was a gate guardian at Scampton for a number of years.
What incident? I can remember 2 out of ?? "broken arrows", one off the coast of Georgia the other somewhere in the Arctic
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Not heard of that one before and i only live up the road from Scampton!

We used to have one at RAF Lindholme (as is was once a bombing school) when I was on 643 Gliding school, but they took it to Hendon when they closed the station before we could snaffle it for our trophy room

Mind you we did get the big eagle off the front of the Station Headquarters!
And a hand cranked air raid siren (that was fun, but we didn't half get a bollocking for setting it off at half past two in the morning after coming back from the pub) it would have woken up Lindholme Willie but thats another story!

Cheer

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jumpshot724 wrote:What incident? I can remember 2 out of ?? "broken arrows", one off the coast of Georgia the other somewhere in the Arctic
Well a quick scan revealed this article on it, now it is from CND but then again it would hardly be from the Government would it. I have heard of it before though.
http://www10.antenna.nl/wise/index.html ... /4514.html
Steve