The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Real World Flight Manuals!

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Real World Flight Manuals!

Post by CrazyDunc »

Hey Guys and Gals,
just thought id share a find with you all. lol. :D
I got hold of a FlightManual/NATOPS a while back.. well cool but yea so that got me started, i spent a while looking for another site that would export to the UK i stumbled across this one, and it is Gold Dust. im gonna have to get F-16s and F-18 manuals. :crazy2: gold dust!
heres the address
http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/index.html

there bout $20.00 a piece or or theres a bundle offer of $33.00 for two model varients - ie F-18C/D F-18E/F
Hovercontrol does upto date heli ones like the apache and that varient of the bell that i can never remember.... the one the US army uses with the Camera above the Rotors? Kiowa or something like that.

cheers 8)
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Real World Flight Manuals!

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

CrazyDunc wrote:Hey Guys and Gals,
just thought id share a find with you all. lol. :D
I got hold of a FlightManual/NATOPS a while back.. well cool but yea so that got me started, i spent a while looking for another site that would export to the UK i stumbled across this one, and it is Gold Dust. im gonna have to get F-16s and F-18 manuals. :crazy2: gold dust!
heres the address
http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/index.html

there bout $20.00 a piece or or theres a bundle offer of $33.00 for two model variants - ie F-18C/D F-18E/F
Hover control does up to date heli ones like the apache and that variant of the bell that i can never remember.... the one the US army uses with the Camera above the Rotors? Kiowa or something like that.

cheers 8)
Don't know how I missed this, sorry, but...

Better buy up quick... Just reported this site.
DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT C - Distribution authorized to U.S. Government agencies and their contractors to protect publications required for official use or for administrative or operational purposes only, determined on 15 February 1999. Other requests for this document shall be referred to Commanding Officer, Naval Air Station North Island P.O. Box 357031, Building 90 Distribution, San Diego, CA 92135-7031.

DESTRUCTION NOTICE - For unclassified, limited documents, destroy by any method that will prevent disclosure of contents or reconstruction of the document.
This little note is on ALL US Navy pubs. It is in the current form, it has changed somewhat over the years, but applies to ALL pubs weather or not it is in this wording or another. Somehow I have this feeling the jackasses running this site, are not in possession of the manuals for any of the above authorized uses. Selling is surely not one of them... Somehow I think the Air Force probably has something pretty close to this notice as well. Could be wrong, but don't think the Air Force is THAT stupid.

By the way hold off on the FOIA, and your God given rights crap.... DOES NOT APPLY in this instance. 6 FOIA's have been filed this year with the above address, ALL DENIED, under FOIA exemptions. Also note the bold face type in the Destruction notice... After doing so, take your "I know what the difference in Classified and Unclassified Documents are, the manuals are Unclassified, therefore I can have them/upload them/sell them." speech somewhere else as well, because it DOES NOT APPLY...

Or you can keep the "I'm just passing out to my FS buddies to help them out?" speech. The last time I heard that one, I Found the particular freeware file in question FOR SALE on a Chinese website.

Nor does it matter if the aircraft is currently in service, retired from service, or 5,000 countries flying the aircraft. The last instance the aircraft in question was retired from service.

Now for my disclosure.... I know, these are sold all over the internet... Something that can't be stopped, there are quite a few things on the internet, that shouldn't be... Nor do I search every file at AVSIM, or any other flightsim site looking for this crap, have better things to do to waste my time. I personally don't give a rat's ass if you have the pubs. I am, nor is the Navy going to come banging on your door. Just don't post crap like this or It will be reported. I also DO NOT REPRESENT THE US NAVY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM MAKING THIS POST. I'm just a normal everyday guy who knows how to read a distribution / destruction statement on the front of a manual.

The last time something of this nature came up I tried the simple drop an email to the webmaster for removal method and ended up, to cover my ass going up my chain of command with the issue(you would not believe the laughter this generated in the form of "passing out Navy manuals for Flight Sim? What idiots!" - NOT as in "Why are you wasting my time with this trivial crap?"), and since have been ordered to just report the violation through proper US Navy Channels.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

fair enough p3, lol. i didnt get anythin cos i cant afford it atm, lol. aw well.
you didnt reaport hovercontrol as well didya?
8)
Regards,
Dunc
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

CrazyDunc wrote:fair enough p3, lol. i didnt get anythin cos i cant afford it atm, lol. aw well.
No problems. Like I said I don't care if anyone here has them or not. (you shouldn't but...) I'm not bringing anyone down for having them. They can be a wealth of info for flight sim. BUT that same wealth of info can lead to...
CrazyDunc wrote: you didnt reaport hovercontrol as well didya?
8)
Don't know what they haven't looked nor have I noticed anything while in their downloads section. Like I said earlier, I'm not going to waste my time searching out the internet for this stuff. I'd never leave the computer if I did that. I only will report stuff that I see blatenly that I happen to come across. Because As you mention the other site. Five more people can come through here listing 5 more sites easy, and that's now 25 sites I'd have to search through looking for the stuff, when 15 of them could have been listed just to "send me on a wild goose chase" I'd rather be beta testing an up and coming MAIW package than that... :)

Also note: for any/all reading My original post might look a little harsh but ALL the crap I listed (excuses and crap like that) were ALL actual crap tossed at me the last time I came across something like this.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

LOL, cool. i looked @ hovercontrol, its all ok, no classified stuff. yea i no u got shot @ last time. lol. glad u brought your kevlar vest this time! 8)
Regards,
Dunc
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

CrazyDunc wrote:LOL, cool. i looked @ hovercontrol, its all ok, no classified stuff. yea i no u got shot @ last time. lol. glad u brought your kevlar vest this time! 8)
Doesn't have to be classified. All the manuals on the site above, and the file I delt with earlier are UNCLASSIFIED.. That's the problem people think its UNCLASSIFIED, its cool no problems, wrong answer.

These manuals are what we call "UNCLASSIFIED-SENSITIVE" No security clearance of any kind is needed to look at it, but are limited on the "Need to Know" premise. Which in FS you don't "Need to Know".

I might have a "TOP-SECRET" clearance but that don't mean I can look at everything with a "TOP-SECRET" label on it. I have to have a "Need to Know" to look at it over and above the "TOP-SECRET" clearance. Same thing for UNCLASSIFIED-SENSITIVE, Yes its "UNCLASSIFIED" but you still have to have the "Need to Know" to look at it.

Another way to look at it is putting a big puzzle together. You might have 20 documents that are all UNCLASSIFIED-SENSITIVE. If you were to look at one here and there its no big deal. BUT if you put all 20 side by side, You could have what would be a TOP-SECRET document, and you have all kinds of problems in the wrong hands. So then why wouldn't you just class them all TOP-SECRET to begin with to save the hassle. Simple... You have document A by itself, it means absolutely squat towards National Security, why in the world would I want to make everybody have a clearance to look at it. Have to have all kinds of special safes, rooms, controls, etc... It will only be damning to National Security if it is put together with 19 other documents. Which may not ever be done, even by accident.