The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Memorial Day

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Memorial Day

Post by SMOC »

Just wanted to drop a note thanking those who have put on, continue to put on and those who are no longer able to put on their uniforms. Thank you for the sacrifice! Image
--Chris
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Thank you! We appreciate being appreciated :lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
pgd
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Memorial Day

Post by pgd »

SMOC wrote:Just wanted to drop a note thanking those who have put on, continue to put on and those who are no longer able to put on their uniforms. Thank you for the sacrifice! Image
I second that!! Many forget what this holiday is about!! Many thanks to our ALL our servicemen and women out there!!
flyingscotsman39
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by flyingscotsman39 »

It'd good if we had the same recognition in the UK.

I know the government is talking about a Veterans Day, and thats a start, but theres no recognition of those of us serving at the moment - unless you count cutbacks :roll:
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

I concur, good topic.

One thing that gets on my nerves sometimes though is the phrase "Happy Memorial Day!!". It's a day to reflect on those who gave their lives so you could have your bbq and not have to worry. Next year when you're at your bbq having fun and getting drunk with your friends, take aminute to reflect on the true meaning of this day.

On a lighter note, hope everyone had as much fun today as I did!! :D
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well in the UK we have Remembrance Sunday, which serves the same purpose, except that its not a day off.
My guess with the limited amount of Bank Holidays available its never going to happen here.
Steve