The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

LEGO

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Bora

LEGO

Post by Bora »

Anyone has some Lego laying arround...?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=126969

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

How many sets did he have to buy to get all those grey bricks lol :lol:
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

The way things are going in the British military that could be the Royal Navy's new Super Carrier!

Cynical, moi?

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
drmweaver2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by drmweaver2 »

I'm kinda wondering if he had some sort of sponsorship - for instance from the Lego Corporation itself... or perhaps from a local Fleet Reserve unit. His ball cap says Harry S. Truman - it would definitely not be beyond imagination for either the Officer Mess, CPO Mess or even the First Class Petty Officer's Association to throw a few dollars at this sort of thing.

There are lots of instances where ship captains have tasked one (or more) of his crew to do something similar in wood for the wardroom/quarterdeck.
John
"I may be old and slow, but when I waddle down the hill to a group of cows, I get 'em all - unlike the randy young bulls who get too excited and are totally spent after fun with just one."
Calvin Gwin
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Calvin Gwin »

It looks like it was sponsered by LEGO, as in one of the pics you can see a bunce of ads and booths for them around the hanger?? deck of the real ship.
I used to have a fairly big model of a carrier by MEGABLOCKS, It was reasonably well detailed, considering its legos. It wasnt even close to this however. Plus the MEGABLOCKS suck compared to legos, the darn carrier kept falling apart, even when I broke out the glue. The decks wouldnt stay together, it kept breaking like the Titanic...
I have an old model magazine which had an article about a guy who built plastic ship from scratch of several Navy ships, there was a transport, an Ageis, and a carrier. All of which were given to be displayed on the real ships.
For those who still like LEGO, I belive there are at least 3 aviation models by LEGO, a Fokker DR1, a Camel, and the Wright Flyer. I dont know if that carrier is available, but I suggest buying some plastic cement!
Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper?