The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

"Dogfights"

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
aerogator

"Dogfights"

Post by aerogator »

In case anyone is interested or hasn't seen this, the History Cannel has a new series called "Dogfights" that comes on every Friday night. The First one was called "Mig Alley" and the next one I believe will be "Flying Tigers". All of the fight sequences are computer animation with some real footage thrown in. Good interviews with some of the original participants who explain the tactics they used. All are "famous" dogfights from WWI through the present. Some of the flying sequences may be exagerated for effect, but overall very entertaining.
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: "Dogfights"

Post by RipPipPip »

I don't have that channel on my cable :cry: ...
aerogator wrote:... All of the fight sequences are computer animation with some real footage thrown in...
How were the animations?
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

the animations are AWESOME to say the least..its a pretty good show this week is so supposed to be about Operation Bolo during vietnam..should be a good one 8)
StingingCanine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StingingCanine »

The one with Duke Cunningham and his F-4 was really good. I think I've seen them all. I'm glad they're making more as they are very well done.

I wish my FSX ran as smooth as their animations!
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Ol Duke is now sitting in a federal penitentiary!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."