The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Andrews AFB and Units

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Andrews AFB and Units

Post by BadPvtDan »

I seem to have a C-37B for a MASD at Andrews. The only information I can find on a Marine air unit at Andrews is a 4th MAW unit flying C-12 and UC-35.

Any ideas?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Andrews AFB and Units

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

BadPvtDan wrote:I seem to have a C-37B for a MASD at Andrews. The only information I can find on a Marine air unit at Andrews is a 4th MAW unit flying C-12 and UC-35.

Any ideas?
To my knowledge the Marines do not own(don't really think officially they own any aircraft, the Navy owns 'em, at least its that way with the bases << cheap shot at the Jarheads :) ) / nor operate the C-37, Only the Air Force and Navy.

The Marines do have a C-20G. That splits its time between Andrews and Kaneohe. They don't have anyone that really rates an aircraft. The Commandant, is flown by the Navy's VR-1. General Pace who is currently The CJCS is flown by the Air Force, because of the position of the job. (PACOM in Hawaii is normally always a Navy 4 star, but because it's a Unified Command he's flown by the Air Force(C-40B by the way)).

This is not to say the Jarheads haven't picked up a C-37 in the last year, Kind of out of the VIP hauling business now, so not that current on it. Though, with all the briefings I've seen dealing with the Navy moving to the C-37 after the retirement of the VP-3A, no mention of a Marine Corps C-37 was mentioned, though the Air Force C-37's were mentioned aplenty.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Thanks Jeff.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

Cool...

The Navy has a in house magazine called "ALL HANDS" they used to once a year list all the Bureau Numbers assigned for the year and what aircraft assigned to. I haven't seen that listing in 5 or 6 years or so. It also showed all BUNOs that were retired/scrapped as well during the same year.

Would be a handy tool now.