The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

VA ANG converting to F-22s

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Top_Gun
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

VA ANG converting to F-22s

Post by Top_Gun »

There is a few Raptor pilots who are posting to in the aviation photography forum I visit. One had mentioned that the F-16s from the VA ANG will be coverted to F-22s and then become part of the 1st FW at Langley.

http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/index. ... 4.450.html

Because of this, they will be station at Langley as well. Time to update those afcads in the near future. :wink:
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Top_Gun
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Top_Gun »

Not sure, I know the Kadena F-15s went to Otis to replace their A's. I also read on that thread that the Hawaii ANG is getting F-22's as well.

Haven't heard anything about what Kadena is scheduled to receive for replacements.
jetmax
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by jetmax »

For now Kadena is only a TDY deployment. The 44th and 67th Fighter Squadrons are still flying F-15 from Kadena.
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

I read an article in Airman or Air Force Magazine on how this is going to work. The VA ANG is giving up their F-16s, but they won't get any new jets. Instead, they'll become a reserve/guard associate unit with the 1st Fighter Wing at Langley. Two separate organizations, one set of active-duty jets. Looks like they're going to do this at Elmendorf with the reserves as well.

Dan
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

So, does this mean that the hours on the airframes will double (running 'em into the dirt pretty quick), or does it mean pilots will lose half their flight hours 'n proficiency? What's the rationale on this?
Top_Gun
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Top_Gun »

I believe the VA ANG wing will get their own jets, they are going to stationed at Langley for logistics I'm assuming.
Top_Gun
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Top_Gun »

ronniegj wrote:And Kadena as well?

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123037102

Ron
from what the Raptor pilot posted on Fencecheck, Kadena will be getting newer C models.