The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

P-8 named

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

P-8 named

Post by CelticWarrior »

PATUXENT RIVER, Md. - The Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) today announced that the P-8A multi-mission maritime aircraft has been assigned its popular name. It will now be known as P-8A Poseidon.

That was announced on Tuesday. However the US Navy guys have already dubbed this Boeing 737 replacement for the P-3 as the PerDiem after the daily rates payed on deployments. :lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

ROFL
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Diddnt it sink in one film?
Or maybe even two!
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: P-8 named

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

CelticWarrior wrote:PATUXENT RIVER, Md. - The Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) today announced that the P-8A multi-mission maritime aircraft has been assigned its popular name. It will now be known as P-8A Poseidon.
Wow, Someone a little slow with the press release( at NAVAIR) This is VERY old News...
CelticWarrior wrote: That was announced on Tuesday. However the US Navy guys have already dubbed this Boeing 737 replacement for the P-3 as the PerDiem after the daily rates payed on deployments. :lol:
Is this a VERY lame attempt at comedy? I'm IN the P-3 Community and have NEVER heard this...
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Re: P-8 named

Post by Stewart Pearson »

P3_Super_Bee wrote:Is this a VERY lame attempt at comedy? I'm IN the P-3 Community and have NEVER heard this...
Ah Jeff, you have forgotten to allow for the time delay in things getting to Hawaii :lol:

(Now that is another lame attempt at comedy!)

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Perhaps I should have added the link from which the quoted article appeared .... http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259598

British humour often doesn't translate well with our cousins. I might add that the OP has very recently returned from an exchange tour at Jacksonville with the USN so I think it would be fair to say that he knows what he's talking about.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

CelticWarrior wrote: British humour often doesn't translate well with our cousins. I might add that the OP has very recently returned from an exchange tour at Jacksonville with the USN so I think it would be fair to say that he knows what he's talking about.
That explains it. East Coast pukes... They are a bunch of idiots. With VP-30 leading the way.