The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

O Canada

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

O Canada

Post by BadPvtDan »

I got denied entry! Woohoo! Maybe I will be going home early? I am staying in a hotel near Selfridge ANGB....where are you at KMTC? I need to see if I can get somewhere close and snap some pics!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Any reason given? I was denied entry to Israel in 1979. I wasn't prepared to argue with the official as there was a heavily armed border guard standing behind him!

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Well, I need a work permit apparently. I was here a couple of months ago and they sent me on my way. This time...they sent me to Immigration! They were all very nice but were armed and wore bullet proof vests!

Scary stuff at midnight in the snow. Now, my whole trip up here is cancelled. The airline lost my luggage so I am going to stick around and wait for that to catch up to me then I will catch a flight home.

In the meantime...I think I am going to try and sneak a peak at Selfridge. I should give the pw details of the website to someone in case I get thrown in jail for that!!!!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Be careful Danny when looking at Selfridge. I remember taking some photos of a Vulcan bomber at Waddington during the 1970s having 'something' loaded into its bomb bay (couldn't see what it was as it was covered in canvas). Then, as I was driving off, a RAF Police land-rover followed me for about a mile before turning back into the base.

Paranoia strikes deep...
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

They'd probably deport me to Canada.
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Psuls »

I had the same problem on a trip to Halifax Nova Scotia last year

Immigration almost sent me back to Belgium!!!

Fortunately I could arrange this with the help of my local contact
Pascal
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

BadPvtDan wrote:They'd probably deport me to Canada.
Well that's one way to get in.....
John

KMTC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: O Canada

Post by KMTC »

BadPvtDan wrote:I got denied entry! Woohoo! Maybe I will be going home early? I am staying in a hotel near Selfridge ANGB....where are you at KMTC? I need to see if I can get somewhere close and snap some pics!
Sorry but that's too funny- :lol: I've never heard of someone being denied entry into Canada.... are the new regulations causing troubles or something?

But if you are going to be spending time in the area and want to do some plane watching the most popular place is the Wal-mart parking lot at Hall Rd and I-94. There are always a few people there with scanners but its not a good spot for pictures. The best place for pictures is in the subdivision just off of North River Road- its right under the approach end to RWY1.
PM for more info if you want :D
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0430842/L/
Matt
KMTC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by KMTC »

And Danny, don't worry too much about security. As long as you use common sense they won't mind you. The worst thing to do is to park your vehicle under the appproach.....that pisses them off bigtime!!
Matt