The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Grant F-16 to the TNI-AU from the U.S.

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Pixy
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Grant F-16 to the TNI-AU from the U.S.

Post by Pixy »

Mr. President Obama visit Indonesia (9-10 November 2010). Then I found this news : http://nasional.kompas.com/read/2010/11 ... ri.Obama-8

But I translated it into English:
Indonesia once had 12 units of F-16 block 15OCU which consists of eight F-16A and four F-16B. However, members of Commission I (Defence and Security and Foreign Affairs), House of Representatives, Fayakhun Andriadi, said Indonesia now only has 10 F-16 model A / B or F-16 first generation. Indonesia wants to develop it into a full squadron with plans to purchase 6 units of the latest model F-16 C / D.

The emergence of the U.S. bid to grant the F-16s to Indonesia should be addressed and examined. Media and officials of the Ministry of Defence has not revealed to the public how many units and model of the F-16 which granted the United States to Indonesia. However, the U.S. would now have 24 F-16 C / D is still good and still can be retrofit into F-16 C / D because the U.S. has increased its newest class of aircraft to the F-18.

According Fayakhun, "grant" which referred to several parties it was not a grant in the fullest sense. U.S. actually suggest we do not need to buy F-16 the latest. "Better funding budgeted for the procurement of six F-16 new units were diverted to buy 24 F-16 C / D. U.S. help to retrofit 24 units, and upgrade 10 F-16 A / B belongs to Indonesia became the F-16 generation latest, "he said.

If the U.S. offer was accepted, the number of aircraft the F-16 models C / D Indonesia soon after the retrofit and upgrade it will be 32 units or two squadrons.
What a good news to Indonesia and I'm happy too and I hope Indonesia accept it
But I haven't clear yet, what Block would Indonesia receive? Maybe Block 30?
Tatit