The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Miltary AI Works celebrates its 6th Anniversary!

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Miltary AI Works celebrates its 6th Anniversary!

Post by Greg »

This weekend, Military AI Works proudly celebrates its 6th Anniversary! In 6 years, over 200 packages have been released, and how can this occasion be celebrated better than with the release of another very special package!

The freeware Military AI Works 6th Anniversary AI Airshow Package was produced by Mike “Magic” MacIntyre in conjunction with Military AI Works to recognize and celebrate the 6th Anniversary of Military AI Works and to provide a unique bonus AI package to all its staff, contributors and loyal followers to whom so much is owed for the success of MAIW.

Visit our front page to download it now and learn more about this exciting new free package!

Do you require support? Visit this package's dedicated support thread.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Miltary AI Works celebrates its 6th Anniversary!

Post by f4nutter »

cant wait for the download to finish, happy birthday MAIW thank for 6 great years and 200 packages.
jaguar1
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by jaguar1 »

Downloading the package now. Happy 6th anniversary and thanks to all involved for all of the wonderful packages over the years.
Long may MAIW continue!!!

:smt041 :smt041

John.
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Thanks for this special package! :smt007

Love your work!!!!!

A huge fan! :D
ardethomas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ardethomas »

Happy birthday and thank you!!! :mrgreen:
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Great job gents and hope to see another 6yrs of MAIW service. Now to figure out the fun of converting this package to work flawlessly in FSX! Thanks for choosing one of my favorite places both real and virtually to set the air show.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

If you convert it to FSX, you will be a hero.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

MIKE JG wrote:If you convert it to FSX, you will be a hero.
Done, well with a few small issues. Believe the transparency for the smoke caused my black squares behind almost all the display models. Not sure if it was timing luck or what, had Blue Angel 8 fly in the Red Arrow's V formation, pretty cool. My payware Super TVB might of messed things up some. BA and F-15's took off in pairs, but at the end returned as singles, ie BA 1, 3, 5 and Eagle 1 conducting multiple approaches to missed and finally landing.

Jaw still on the desk from a few of the animations and new models, does this mean we might see a proper overhead and/or carrier break in the future?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Victory103 wrote:does this mean we might see a proper overhead and/or carrier break in the future?
Animations are animations, what you are talking about is amending AI flight rules.
Steve
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Victory103 wrote:
MIKE JG wrote:If you convert it to FSX, you will be a hero.
Done, well with a few small issues. Believe the transparency for the smoke caused my black squares behind almost all the display models. Not sure if it was timing luck or what, had Blue Angel 8 fly in the Red Arrow's V formation, pretty cool. My payware Super TVB might of messed things up some. BA and F-15's took off in pairs, but at the end returned as singles, ie BA 1, 3, 5 and Eagle 1 conducting multiple approaches to missed and finally landing.

Jaw still on the desk from a few of the animations and new models, does this mean we might see a proper overhead and/or carrier break in the future?
You might be able to find an FSX compatible airshow smoke effect to substitute for the FS9 ones that I used in the aircraft.cfg files for all the AI models with airshow smoke.

As stated in the Readme file, TVB can indeed cause problems for the airshow flights and is most probably causing all the return flight and landing problems that you have observed.

I doubt very much that we will ever be able to create AI overhead and/or carrier breaks. I have spent many hours trying to accomplish this with no success.

Mike M
    Mike M.
    MIKE JG
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Setting up an overhead break using the Recorder module is probably the closest we will ever come, but the drawback is that they do not interact with the live AI aircraft.
    -Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
    mikewmac
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

MIKE JG wrote:Setting up an overhead break using the Recorder module is probably the closest we will ever come, but the drawback is that they do not interact with the live AI aircraft.
    Mike,

Having the AI fighters fly a missed low approach followed immediately by a switch to a VFR pattern and landing is the best I have been able to accomplish. If I could just find a way to force the VFR pattern part of this sequence into being a closed pattern it would be a big improvement, but so far no joy. :(

Mike M
      Mike M.
      bismarck
      MAIW Developer
      MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Fantastic job gus....fantastic 8)

Giorgio
      shaggy22
      MAIW Developer
      MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Simply brilliant, even in FSX :D
      Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
      Jonjon
      First Lieutenant
      First Lieutenant

Post by Jonjon »

Amazing work!

I spent a very good time just resting and enjoying the show :D
      Thanks to all and Happy Birthday!!!!

Fred :P
      mikewmac
      MAIW Veteran
      MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Thanks Guys,

I wish everyone was as pleased as you fellows seem to be. :D

Mike M
        Mike M.
        rocket26
        Second Lieutenant
        Second Lieutenant
        Version: FSX

Post by rocket26 »

After months of not even loading FS, I saw the announcement of this on facebook and I had to downloaded. Im really impressed with it to be fair and the models and paints seem to get better and better. Maybe I just forgot how good they looked. The scenery is very nice too. I love the two ship take offs. The formations are nice as always Mike, takes some time, skill and patience to get those results. What really surprised me was how smooth and fast the FPS were in FS9. Ive had been running FSX for the last year and not really used FS9 much. I was flying the Iris F-15 in VC (which always was for me a FPS killer) with Active sky, sliders on full and when facing the airfield with all the AI/scenery I had no dip in FPS really. The most impressive aspect for me is to be still doing this for 6 years with lots of potential to keep going. This package has certainly made me consider going back to modelling.

Well done to all those involved

Cheers

Ian :wink:
        mikewmac
        MAIW Veteran
        MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

rocket26 wrote:After months of not even loading FS, I saw the announcement of this on facebook and I had to downloaded. Im really impressed with it to be fair and the models and paints seem to get better and better. Maybe I just forgot how good they looked. The scenery is very nice too. I love the two ship take offs. The formations are nice as always Mike, takes some time, skill and patience to get those results. What really surprised me was how smooth and fast the FPS were in FS9. Ive had been running FSX for the last year and not really used FS9 much. I was flying the Iris F-15 in VC (which always was for me a FPS killer) with Active sky, sliders on full and when facing the airfield with all the AI/scenery I had no dip in FPS really. The most impressive aspect for me is to be still doing this for 6 years with lots of potential to keep going. This package has certainly made me consider going back to modelling.

Well done to all those involved

Cheers

Ian :wink:
        Thanks Ian,

It's great to see you back around. I've missed you and your outstanding scenery creations. :D

Mike M
          Mike M.
          Stewart Pearson
          MAIW Staff
          MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

mikewmac wrote:It's great to see you back around. I've missed you and your outstanding scenery creations. :D

Mike M

Yeah. Whatcha gonna make us? Huh? Huh? :mrgreen: :smt005
          Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
          rocket26
          Second Lieutenant
          Second Lieutenant
          Version: FSX

Post by rocket26 »

Stewart Pearson wrote:
          mikewmac wrote:It's great to see you back around. I've missed you and your outstanding scenery creations. :D

Mike M

Yeah. Whatcha gonna make us? Huh? Huh? :mrgreen: :smt005
          Well I havnt thought about making anything yet. But I do intend on doing the final touches for the conversion of Coningsby to FS9 (ive had a lot of requests for that lately) The biggest obstacle is to make the AFX file good enough for AI operations. I dont think I have the patience for that, but Im happy for anyone else to have a go. I can release as per the FSX version which has no drive through parking etc.