The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Matrix Preview

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Matrix Preview

Post by Greg »

It's time to look at the future. It's time to get excited! Military AI Works presents MATRIX, a brand new military AI traffic installation app in development for Prepar3d v4.

Go to the briefing.

We are looking for community members to join the closed beta test. If you're interested, please leave a comment and mention any previous beta testing experience (don't worry if you don't have any). We'll get back to you if you're selected. (Edit: beta testing is finished. Thanks to those who applied).

Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: MATRIX Preview

Post by Foxbat »

Fantastic. As a seasoned developer I'm still frustrated by all the manual labour regarding AI. Been betatesting for PMDG for around 4 years, took my leave when they got "too big". I use P3D4.2 only, and would like to lend you a hand.
Andrew
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Cheers Andrew! Yes indeed, many like to have full control of what they install and like the manual labour, but I bet most just want to see military AI traffic without all the hassle. Download numbers for our old packages are going down significantly which is a shame for all the hard work we put into them, but getting them to work in FSX or P3D is a PITA. Let alone download 300 individual packages and getting them to work. MATRIX solves all that, at least if you're willing to make the step to P3Dv4 if you haven't already.

Feel free to post your questions here people. I'm getting some via PM but there's no need to be shy. :wink:
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Hi Guys,

Great work. I am interested in being involved in the closed beta test programme.

Thank you
Brian
Reggie
Captain
Captain

Post by Reggie »

Thank you Greg,

I have a couple of questions about the new Matrix program and hope you don't mind me asking. I only fly in the southeastern United States, Oklahoma and Texas being the western border of my area, and only have MAIW packages installed for those few states. When the Matrix is operational. will the entire North American package install or will the user be able to pick and choose which units he/she wants installed?

In addition, are the remaining conversion packages being held now for the release of the Matrix, or will they be released sooner?

Thank you for all that you, and the entire team are doing for military AI, and a huge thank you for moving on into P3Dv4.

Highest regards,
Reggie
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

bvanhout wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 10:56 I am interested in being involved in the closed beta test programme.
Thanks Brian, I added your name to the list.
Reggie wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 11:30 I only fly in the southeastern United States, Oklahoma and Texas being the western border of my area, and only have MAIW packages installed for those few states. When the Matrix is operational. will the entire North American package install or will the user be able to pick and choose which units he/she wants installed?
Hi Reggie. In this particular case, you'll need to install the entire North America region. The idea of the regions is that people who don't fly in one corner of the world don't need to clutter their hard drives with AI they'll never see. But there is no further breakdown to country, state or unit level. Doing this would involve hundreds of tick boxes or something similar in MATRIX, plus a breakdown of every region into hundreds of small zips on our server that have to be maintained. It would be way too complex at this stage.
Reggie wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 11:30 In addition, are the remaining conversion packages being held now for the release of the Matrix, or will they be released sooner?
The model conversions are on a completely separate production line. We will continue to release the conversion packages separately when they become available.

Naturally, these models will find their way into the MATRIX regions, but there's no other link between them.
jason99vmi
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jason99vmi »

Wow that is awesome! Definitely will make it a snap for those who want military ai but aren't as savvy as some of us who stalk AIG and MAIW. lol.

I currently have a lot of aircraft/packages for P3D v4 already installed. I assume I would have to remove them unless Matrix will identify already installed MAIW items.

Have done some paint and aircraft beta testing for VA i fly for but none on the installer side of the house.
Reggie
Captain
Captain

Post by Reggie »

Thank you Sir, I can work with the individual conversion packages to accomplish my goal. And again, thanks to all here at MAIW for your dedication to our hobby.

Cheers,
Reggie
paul64
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by paul64 »

Hi Guys
I would also like to take part in this exiting projects closed beta. My experience is, beta testing a few freeware sceneries aswell as producing my own work. Have been with our hobby since fs95 and have now moved on to p3dv4.2.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

jason99vmi wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 12:16 I currently have a lot of aircraft/packages for P3D v4 already installed. I assume I would have to remove them unless Matrix will identify already installed MAIW items.
Yes you'll probably have duplicates. Matrix won't identify them, but a complete list of included packages will be provided so that you can identify duplicates yourself.
jason99vmi wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 12:16 Have done some paint and aircraft beta testing for VA i fly for but none on the installer side of the house.
That's okay. If you can install/uninstall an app in Windows and click some buttons, you qualify. :wink:
paul64 wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 16:08 I would also like to take part in this exiting projects closed beta.
Thanks Paul! You're added to the list.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

Happy to help out, bags of spare time at the mo.
Almost a virgin P3D v4 installation as well

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
lenny100uk
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by lenny100uk »

sounds like a great idea and would be very happy to help out with testing, runing a p3dv4 mostly flying in the uk and europe but willing to fly anyware
ahunterg95
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ahunterg95 »

Hi, recently discovered MAIW and am very keen to see P3D v4 support. I am on quite a low-end setup and have done a little bit of beta testing for OZx freeware scenery. Mostly fly around AUS and NZ. Quite a bit of spare time on my hands currently.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Thank you chaps! I'll send out invitations in the coming days.
HankyPanky
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by HankyPanky »

Greetings guys, just read the fantastic news about MATRIX and really like to help you if I can.

Some of you might have my name still on the notepad, I was with PAI, EvAI and AIG as AI flightplanner, painter, developer and beta tester. Spent the last years only with FS9 as FSX was never a question due to it's bugs, I switched over to P3D last year and now with v4 onwards.

If I can be of any help just let me know ;-)
Dieter
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM
purewater
Cadet
Cadet

Post by purewater »

Nice work for P3Dv4.

My experience of testing:
1) software development
2) airport scenery adjustment
3) livery repainting
4) run maiw in p3d v3

Let's jump into the closed beta.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Update

Thanks to our beta testers, we're making good progress and coming close to a release date. Without making any promises, I hope to release Matrix at the end of next week if not sooner.

In the meantime, those who are interested can have a look at the contents of the first 3 regions. The pdf files under the following links list the included units, included airfields and the source packages. While the source packages are mainly MAIW and JYAI packages at this stage, it is our intention to enable every developer to submit his or her work for inclusion into periodic region updates. Instructions for developers will follow when Matrix is released.

(I suggest to right-click the links and open the files in a new tab or window)

Matrix Region Africa
Matrix Region Oceania
Matrix Region South America

You will of course notice that these are the three smallest regions as far as AI traffic is concerned. The other ones, Asia, Europe and North America are considerably larger and will take more time to complete, but they are coming.