The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Matrix Release

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Matrix Release

Post by Greg »

Hi Bill, glad you're enjoying our traffic via Matrix. :smt001
DMdoc wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 21:12 1) If i had previously installed airbases (in my case, those in SC including KNBC and KMMT and KSSC and KCHS) and their P3D aircraft that are not yet in Matrix, is there any harm in loading those bases and their associated flight plans? I had kept all of my MAIW aircraft in a separate folder, and have remmed out the reference to that folder, so the aircraft from the old version don't show. As of now all those bases except KSSC show a bunch of aircraft.
The best approach is to keep your custom setup for anything that is not included in Matrix. That means you'll need to go through your custom setup and remove all files that are duplicated by Matrix. For example: KNBC is included in Matrix, so you can remove it from your custom setup. But KSSC is not (yet) included, so keep it in your custom setup. Do the same for flightplans and aircraft. I know it's a lot of work, but it gives the best results. Once that is done, you can reactivate the reference to your custom setup.
DMdoc wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 21:12 2) If and when you add these airbases to Matrix, do I need to do anything (such as unloading those bases and/or their aircrafts' flight plans) or just leave them alone?
Yes, you'll need to repeat the same process and remove any duplicates in your custom setup. When an update is released for a region, the newly added bases and units are marked in green in the region readme.
DMdoc wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 21:12 3) I'm using Matrix version 1.3.0. If and when this is upgraded, how will I be notified?
You will get a popup when you launch Matrix to start the autoupdate. New versions will be announced here on the forums as well so there's no need to start Matrix every day just to check for updates.

If you have any more questions, let me know.