The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Matrix Region Updates

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Matrix Region Updates

Post by Greg »

Africa v3.0
  • Added a big update containing airfields, aircraft and flightplans for Botswana, Namibia and South Africa courtesy of Brian van Hout.
  • Added some Alpha Jet and C-295M operators
  • Added newly converted models and textures for the AIVER CN-235M, KRAI JAS-39, KRMG PC-9M and MKAI C-295M
  • Added converted AFD and scenery for HDAM (missing from the readme)
  • Replaced floodlight effects with dynamic lighting at all relevant airfields
North America v6.0
  • Added John & Brent's new JYAI C-130 and JYAI A-10 packs
  • Added converted models and textures for the AIVER CN-235M, DJC Metro III, ELVIS S-76, JBAI Challenger 6013R, JBAI Dornier 328, J(M)AI F-5, MKAI C-295M, NBAI AH-64 and NBAI CH-47
  • Replaced the Mexican B727's with B737's
  • Added converted AFD's and scenery for CYBG, CYQQ, CYTR and CYZX
  • Added some additional parking to the AFD for KNDZ
  • Replaced JYAI F-15 models with enhanced afterburner effects and added AI sounds
Make sure you have your Global Libraries updated to v3.8. Check the region readmes for more detailed information about included units and airfields.

Please open a new thread in the Matrix Support Forum for any issues with these updates.
Attachments
gitStatus_NA_6.0.txt
(183 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
gitStatus_Africa_3.0.txt
(67.59 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

Greg

Thanks to you and the team for the amazing work you continue to do and to John for the C-130 specials. I not that Europe Region has also been updated with the new version. With regards the new RAF C-130's at Brize Norton, I note since this update i have lost all of the Voyager aircraft at Brize and do nut understand why. Is it because they share the same parking slots?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Thank you for the kind words :)

It's difficult to say why you lost the Voyagers, but I can assure you that Matrix didn't remove anything from your custom traffic, unless you made changes in the Matrix Europe folders.

The last update for Europe added the RAF C-130's and C-17's to Brize so it is possible that there's no parking left for the Voyagers, particularly since the traffic from Matrix is usually loaded before any custom traffic due to the add-on system it uses. Did you try another day of the week? Western airfields can be very crowded during weekends.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

It may be that you do not have enough parking spots at Brize Norton for all the Aircraft to show up. The C-130's load into the sim before the Voyagers so they may have taken all the available spots. Are you using the Default Brize Norton airfield or have you installed an updated AFD/AFCAD/AFX. If you are using the default EGVN then I suggest you search Avsim for something that will give you more parking, or if you are familiar with Airport Design Editor just add some parking. There are sceneries available for FSX that can be updated to P3Dv4 standard without too much difficulty and Greg has produced a guide that is available in Briefings above.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
pcremin
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

Thanks Greg and Pete, I suspect it is the default parking that is the issue - I will look into the best solution to improve this
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

I just now realised that your Voyagers also came with Matrix, so forget what I said and listen to Pete. ;)
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Global Libraries v3.9
  • Centalised lightmap, prop and other common textures
  • Added effects, script and textures for model updates in the regions
  • Added scenery objects by John Young that were missing in some of Brent Newman's sceneries
Africa v3.1
  • Removed some unneeded files
Asia v5.0
  • Replaced JYAI F-15 models with enhanced afterburner effects and added AI sounds
  • Replaced some converted models with recent updates, including new PBR models
  • Added model and texture conversions for the JMAI F-5 and NBAI T-34C
  • Added Bangladesh C-130J paint by jetrange
  • Converted the MAIW KC-135 paints from bmp to dds
  • Added conversions of all Israeli airfields that were ever released in the legacy MAIW packages (thanks, Pete!)
  • Replaced RJAK, RJFY and RJOS by Brent Newman to fix some missing objects
  • Removed some batch and alternative model files
Europe v7.0
  • Added model and texture conversions for the MGAI MQ-1B, MQ-9B, MGMK L-39, MKAI PC-7 and NBAI L-70
  • Fixed some parking issues at LOXZ
North America v7.0
  • Added John & Brent's latest JYAI C-130 packs
  • Added Brent's JGSDF V-22 pack
  • Replaced some converted models with recent updates, including new PBR models
  • Added model and texture conversions for the MGAI RQ-4A and NBAI T-34C
  • Fixed an issue with the Mexican B737-800's that could lead to P3Dv4 crashing to the desktop
  • Added KNTD NAS Point Mugu by jetrange
Oceania v2.1
South America v3.0
  • Added Tucano packages by Maurizio Coren and Dan Reeves with model and texture conversions for the MGAI Tucano
All Git status files are attached, but perhaps a bit difficult to read due to the texture centralisation
Attachments
gitStatus_SA_3.0.txt
(10.69 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
gitStatus_Oceania_2.1.txt
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
gitStatus_NA_7.0.txt
(217.32 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
gitStatus_Global_3.9.txt
(4.44 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
gitStatus_Europe_7.0.txt
(43.05 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
gitStatus_Asia_5.0.txt